• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeons & Dragons Online PC game. Anyone play this?

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

Dungeons & Dragons Online PC game. Anyone play this?

Postby Flamecrest » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 7:53am

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone here still plays the D&D Online PC game at all? I've not played much of this game but first discovered it while playing another MMO at the time. I noticed that Turbine have turned the game into a free to play model and I'm thinking about trying the game out again. Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on how the game is these days? I've not played it for years and when I did try the game, it wasn't very far into it. At the time I was busy in a guild on another MMO.

The reason I thought about trying the game was also the fact that I'm currently looking to get back into HeroQuest and possibly D&D but not really sure where to look. I have a lot of experience when it comes to online game and MMO's and thought I might put that to good use and check out D&D online.

Now I know the game offers both a free to play and subscription model (the same as The Lord of the Rings Online) and items can be purchased with Turbine Points. These Turbine Points I think can be earned in game or by using real life currency. There's also an expansion to the game with a second to follow later this year. The in game store also offers Adventure Packs (I've not really read about these yet) and other useful items that be can purchased using Turbine Points.

Another thing I'd like to ask, does anyone here run a guild within D&D or maybe knows of one that is currently recruiting new members? it would be great to join up with some other players or would like to share some adventures and any knowledge of the game they may have.

I'm currently in the process of downloading the game client and will be checking it out a bit later on.

Anyway, the games official website can be found at http://www.ddo.com/en for anyone thinking of checking the game out.

Thanks for reading!
Flamecrest

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online PC game. Anyone play this?

Postby el_flesh » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 9:12am

Thanx for posting!

Please let us know how it goes for you, and if u recommend it! ....

As for HQ, I have been wanting to do a play by post...any takers?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 9:25am

Mememe :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Flamecrest » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 9:31am

Hi,

Yep! The game is currently updating and I'll be checking it out once the update process has completed.

How does play by post work? I've never tried it before. :)
Flamecrest

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 9:32am

Me neither :D Have to go learn :lol:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 10:21am

you simply post a map of a quest, showing only what the heroes can currently see, and the heroes post their actions, while rolling dice with the dice code. There's a how-to-dice topic. ;)
Never played D&D online, nor LotR online, I did play guildwars for almost 8 years, being a guild leader of a full guild. Now I'm in GW2, but very inactive. Still have my guild, but that runs on its own very well.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Saturday June 22nd, 2013 3:12pm

I don’t know much about D&D online, but there are many interesting mmo out there. I’ve tried Tera online and looks great, but I don’t have a lot of free time to waste and in my opinion mmos are a real waste of time from been creative and do many different things...

As we talk about mmo, there is a trailer of warhammer online that fits very well to HQ... It could be a very good advertising for HeroQuest 2 :P ... Especially the final scene with demon of tzeentch is awesome...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Flamecrest » Sunday June 23rd, 2013 1:45pm

Sjeng wrote:you simply post a map of a quest, showing only what the heroes can currently see, and the heroes post their actions, while rolling dice with the dice code. There's a how-to-dice topic. ;)
Never played D&D online, nor LotR online, I did play guildwars for almost 8 years, being a guild leader of a full guild. Now I'm in GW2, but very inactive. Still have my guild, but that runs on its own very well.

Ah, okay thanks!
Flamecrest

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room