• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dragon Strike blank map templates // Countdown Tiles

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Dragon Strike blank map templates // Countdown Tiles

Postby dresdendoll » August 5th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Picked up the boards from Dragon Strike, looking to convert them to HeroQuest. I found this old website (http://www.oocities.org/dragonstrikecen ... tools.html) which has the City and Castle templates... but the links to the other two are long gone.
Does anyone have them? Or can anyone scan some from the original booklet?

Also - The time "countdown" on the side of each DragonStrike board, have you guys every implemented this into your HQ games?

Thanks
dresdendoll

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dragon Strike blank map templates // Countdown Tiles

Postby Derfel Link » August 5th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Here's a working link for Dragon Strike Central: http://www.geocities.ws/dragonstrikecen ... tools.html
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby dresdendoll » August 5th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Thank you so much!!
dresdendoll

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » August 6th, 2011, 5:37 am

Those maps are really nice, if only the regular heroquest board could be drawn like that, but I think it wouldn't work with the doors?

I thought of using the countdown. I think this'd be cool, you could have different events at different numbers of turns. The problem is players do tend to dither so it's really hard to tell how many turns a game will take, especially when you don't know how many heroes will be questing. I guess there would be ways of accounting for these factors but there's only so much space on the A5 sheet of paper in the quest book.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 23rd, 2011, 6:36 am

Fantastic, thanks!
You wouldn't happen to have some high-res colour scans of the actual boards too, would you? ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby shy-design » April 20th, 2012, 1:05 pm

dresdendoll wrote:Also - The time "countdown" on the side of each DragonStrike board, have you guys every implemented this into your HQ games?

Thanks

I am actually about to implement the town game board into my HQ game. I am using it as a hub between quests for my players, instead of just handing them the cardboard armory sheet each time a quest is resolved. This way they can visit the blacksmith, the inn, the tavern, the alchemist shop, the taylor, and other spots to pick up items and goods as well as quests from various villagers. I was thinking about possible rules for the "countdown" marker myself... as a way of not letting the heros idle around too much between quests...and if they do, throw some baddies their way... for instance.. after each hero phase (once they have all completed a turn) I would move the counter down one. (like the sun tracker form Last Night on Earth, for those familiar with that game) I've been thinking that once it reaches a certain number.. lets say after it goes down ten spots, have a raiding party of orcs or other baddies come in to spice things up. the heros will have to deal with this threat to keep the town safe before they can venture off to other quests. and if it reaches the last spot... who knows throw in some real badass beasts like some ogres or say a dragon, who sweeps the land and scourges all who are in outside spaces for x amout of damage... this could be pointed out by the shadow of the dragon that is painted on the game board. (ive always liked that little hint of impending doom of an overhead dragon) One of the villagers, say the Lord/Mayor for instance sends your heroes out to slay the dragon that has been a constant treat to his town... heroes accept the challenge and are off to a dungeon to slay the beast (uses the dragon strike dragon for the mini), if successful that threat of encountering the dragon's fire on the town board ceases.

just some ideas
Last edited by shy-design on October 6th, 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: repaired quote tag

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 22nd, 2014, 1:09 pm

You know what I wish I had? The Dragon Strike Map Book. I can't find those darn maps anywhere. Shucky-darn.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » September 22nd, 2014, 9:23 pm

Daedalus wrote:You know what I wish I had? The Dragon Strike Map Book. I can't find those darn maps anywhere. Shucky-darn.

I have the game and I'm sure I still have the book around here. I could scan them for you.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member