• Advertisement

About some rules!

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

About some rules!

Postby neonille » Saturday June 18th, 2011 2:07am

First of all. Awesome game =) Only problem is that my table is to damn small for this game :roll:
But there are some rules i dont get. So if there is some nice soul out there to help me i would be very grateful :D

1.Treasure
When u look at the table matrix for Wandering monsters, Lairs, Q-rooms, there is a column that says "treasure". Lets says in this case its 160 GC . Does that mean the Heroes get 160 GC for every single monster they kill( so if there are 4 enemies in the room, that means they get 640 GC total). Or is it that they get 160 GC after killing ALL the monsters in that room(160 GC total)??

2.Combat
Attacking hand-to-hand through doors are ok i presume?

3.Closing a door
The rule book mentions that you can close doors as well as open them. But what does that mean?? Does that mean if a hero opens a door and he doesn't like what he sees, he could just close the door. And thats it, move along?..bcuz monsters cant open doors and as soon as the monsters loose sight of the heroes, the combat turn ends....right??

4.Bravery. When do you use that?

5. GM "Attack-Move or Move-Attack" Choice for all his monsters.
Lets say i decide for "Attack-Move" What happens if a monster can´t attack something?? Will he not be able to move as well or is just the "Attacking" part ignored in that case so he will only be able to move??

6. If a dungeon has multiple levels. The stairs that every dungeons starts with. Is that considered a "Stairs out" or "Stairs Up" ???
Especially when you are playing the main quest (shattered amulet). Cuz if they are countet as "stairs up" then that means the Heroes have to be lucky and roll a "stair out" otherwise they need to do the entire dungeon in one expedition. And thats a little hard...

7. Henchmen
Can they explore the dungeon? If one stands on a T-junktion do i need to roll the Passge-roll?? or can only heroes do this?

8. Pursuing
I know that the Skaven can only walk out of a room if they are in pursuit of a Hero. But what if they decide to chase a Hero that's on the other side of the dungeon (the hero has never been anywhere near the room) Possible or what???
neonille

Forum Language: Svenska
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: About some rules!

Postby ken » Sunday June 19th, 2011 3:34am

Hi welcome to the show. I must admit that I haven’t played AHQ for about 30 years, so may be a little rusty on the rules, but, I read the Rule Book, over my Cornflakes this morning. So, here goes !!
1.Treasure
When u look at the table matrix for Wandering monsters, Lairs, Q-rooms, there is a column that says "treasure". Lets says in this case its 160 GC . Does that mean the Heroes get 160 GC for every single monster they kill( so if there are 4 enemies in the room, that means they get 640 GC total). Or is it that they get 160 GC after killing ALL the monsters in that room(160 GC total)??
The Matrix says “per lair”, so your example of 160 is the total.2.Combat
Attacking hand-to-hand through doors are ok i presume?
Page 16 Paragraph 3. If they can see the Heroes, the monsters attack them, assuming the door is open.
3.Closing a door
The rule book mentions that you can close doors as well as open them. But what does that mean?? Does that mean if a hero opens a door and he doesn't like what he sees, he could just close the door. And thats it, move along?..bcuz monsters cant open doors and as soon as the monsters loose sight of the heroes, the combat turn ends....right??
Page 16, Placing Monsters. Roll for surprise. If the Leader wins, he can place the monsters as far away as he likes. Slam the door & run!!4.Bravery. When do you use that?
Sorry cannot find this, can you give me the page number?5. GM "Attack-Move or Move-Attack" Choice for all his monsters.
Lets say i decide for "Attack-Move" What happens if a monster can´t attack something?? Will he not be able to move as well or is just the "Attacking" part ignored in that case so he will only be able to move??
Page 16 Para. 3. Monsters never retreat. Move ‘em forward.
6. If a dungeon has multiple levels. The stairs that every dungeons starts with. Is that considered a "Stairs out" or "Stairs Up" ???
Especially when you are playing the main quest (shattered amulet). Cuz if they are countet as "stairs up" then that means the Heroes have to be lucky and roll a "stair out" otherwise they need to do the entire dungeon in one expedition. And thats a little hard...
Page 14. Para. 1 Stairs go down into the dungeon, or up and out, here you leave the game. Simple as that. 7. Henchmen
Can they explore the dungeon? If one stands on a T-junktion do i need to roll the Passge-roll?? or can only heroes do this?
I would say no, only Heroes can explore. Page 10, Hero player Phase8. Pursuing
I know that the Skaven can only walk out of a room if they are in pursuit of a Hero. But what if they decide to chase a Hero that's on the other side of the dungeon (the hero has never been anywhere near the room) Possible or what???Page 16. Para. 3 If they can see the Heroes they attack, if they cannot see them they can’t. Simple as that.
I guess like the ordinary, much simpler & better flowing game, Heroquest, which we know & love, you have to make judgements with your players about some of the rules. We write down any judgements we make, in our little group, & call them “The House Rules”

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Sunday June 19th, 2011 9:27am

hmmm writing them down is a good idea; that way they are consistent between games....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » Sunday June 19th, 2011 10:35am

el_flesh wrote:hmmm writing them down is a good idea; that way they are consistent between games....

That's what I thought, mind you, the House Rules are different Chez Puck!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » Tuesday June 21st, 2011 9:02am

We have lost a couple of Posts from this thread, due to the problems drathe outlined. One of my replies is, about Bravery, go to Page 40, see Fearsome Monsters for an explaination.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room