• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

AHQ on here

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

AHQ on here

Postby link_triforce21 » June 12th, 2010, 12:54 pm

is ti possible to put AHQ on this web site because every time i try and get one on eBay i get out bid at the last minute and all i have for it are the figures and i would really like to try it.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: AHQ on here

Postby mo123813 » June 12th, 2010, 2:22 pm

That's not a bad idea; That would be pretty cool. Im sure this website has the tiles :) But is it FUN?
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 12th, 2010, 3:24 pm

Unfortunately, that is not possible. Games Workshop guards their IPs and combs the Web for anything that would violate copyright. They would surely have Ye Olde Inn shut down. I don't want to take the risk in losing all the hard work that's been put into the Website already.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 12th, 2010, 4:11 pm

drathe wrote:Unfortunately, that is not possible. Games Workshop guards their IPs and combs the Web for anything that would violate copyright. They would surely have Ye Olde Inn shut down. I don't want to take the risk in losing all the hard work that's been put into the Website already.

And on top of that, is it worth it? For new HQ players, they immediately think it's D&D or complicated. The beauty of HQ is that it has simple rules and everyone can enjoy. But with ADAVNCED Heroquest, it would immediately turn people off. That's my theory anyway.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » June 12th, 2010, 9:45 pm

So howcome HQ stuff can get posted?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 12th, 2010, 11:57 pm

I find the tiles from AHQ to be a good way to add to HQ. It's a modular system. Breaking away from the fixed board now and again can be a refreshing change. The Skaven are also a nice addition. The Henchmen could have been better though. For the going price, it's not worth it at all. But once in a blue moon you can land one for $50. Most of them show up on eBay out of the UK, so unless you're living in Great Britain, shipping is far too costly.

el_flesh wrote:So howcome HQ stuff can get posted?

Technically, the official stuff shouldn't be, but Hasbro has abandoned the IP and will probably never bother going after anyone. Games Workshop has been known to battle any minor infraction they find. They recently in the past season had a tonne of stuff from boardgamegeek.com removed via a threatening letter from their legal department about several things posted there. A lot of it was fan stuff too.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 13th, 2010, 12:17 am

drathe wrote:I find the tiles from AHQ to be a good way to add to HQ. It's a modular system. Breaking away from the fixed board now and again can be a refreshing change. The Skaven are also a nice addition. The Henchmen could have been better though. For the going price, it's not worth it at all. But once in a blue moon you can land one for $50. Most of them show up on eBay out of the UK, so unless you're living in Great Britain, shipping is far too costly.

el_flesh wrote:So howcome HQ stuff can get posted?

Technically, the official stuff shouldn't be, but Hasbro has abandoned the IP and will probably never bother going after anyone. Games Workshop has been known to battle any minor infraction they find. They recently in the past season had a tonne of stuff from boardgamegeek.com removed via a threatening letter from their legal department about several things posted there. A lot of it was fan stuff too.

Wow. I didn't know that; it's good to know.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » June 13th, 2010, 7:59 am

Hm. Well, if Games Workshop wants to be *Play-Doh Factories* and shut down fan based stuff, then I'm sure as hell not giving them my business!

I'll go buy from elsewhere! I had even looked up the location of their shop nearest me and was planning to go there! Forget that crap now.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 13th, 2010, 11:33 am

el_flesh wrote:Hm. Well, if Games Workshop wants to be *Play-Doh Factories* and shut down fan based stuff, then I'm sure as hell not giving them my business!

I'll go buy from elsewhere! I had even looked up the location of their shop nearest me and was planning to go there! Forget that crap now.

Their miniatures are expensive anyway! (But so darn GOOD....!)
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » July 15th, 2013, 8:04 am

There is this website:

Link to the original AHQ resources
And a link to my slightly touched up version of the [url=raymondhaaken.nl/blog/wp-content/uploads/AHQTITD.rar]Terror in the Dark package[/url], with tiles and booklets.

Should suffice ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room