• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

Postby Gunzhard » Wednesday August 21st, 2013 1:25am

I was looking through the rules of AHQ Terror in the Dark and several things seemed to be straight from the WD quests. Does anyone know what is/isn't overlap with regards to quests, magic, monsters, characters etc... ?

And then which WD quests came out after TitD?

Thanks!
Gunzhard

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: AHQ - Terror in Dark incorporate the WhiteDwarf quests?

Postby Sjeng » Tuesday August 27th, 2013 11:57am

I haven't looked into them that thoroughly to be honest. but I don't think there were duplicate things...

If you were browsing the PDF I made and shared in my dropbox account, then you have a PDF of Terror in the Dark plus all the WD quests in one package, ready to print ;)
I inserted custom made covers for each chapter, so you know where each issue starts and ends.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gunzhard » Sunday September 8th, 2013 1:20pm

Sjeng your package is nice! ...thanks for that. The reason I asked is because they look almost identical. WD138 and WD139 have the "Henchmen" stuff, the "Treasure" stuff, and the "Light Wizard" stuff almost exactly as they are found in the TitD book.

I guess it's rather silly seeing as both are 20+ years old now, but I was trying to find which was the 'latest' version... there are only very small difference in either case, as far as I can tell.
Gunzhard

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday September 8th, 2013 1:42pm

Oh I see, well, I guess WD just wanted to get people interested in the expansion then.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday September 8th, 2013 1:53pm

Just shooting in the dark, but perhaps the WD material were like a "test-drive", to figure out if the new stuff were good enough to turn into an expansion? I dunno...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gunzhard » Sunday September 8th, 2013 1:59pm

Goblin-King wrote:Just shooting in the dark, but perhaps the WD material were like a "test-drive", to figure out if the new stuff were good enough to turn into an expansion? I dunno...

That is rather GW's style ...with 40k they would often release stuff in WD then make a compilation / compendium / expansion / etc... later on. I don't have any real dates of anything, but I'm going to guess the TitD stuff is the 'latest'. :)
Gunzhard

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Tuesday September 10th, 2013 1:40am

I believe the expansion was after the WD articles.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday September 11th, 2013 1:20am

Browsing Wikipedia, Robin Dews became editor in 8/91 with issue #140. That would date the Henchmen article at 6/91 (monthly, right?). Advanced Heroquest came out in 1989 and Terror in the Dark was copyrighted in 1991. That's about two years for White Dwarf articles. Nothing definitive, but it's a start.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Thursday May 5th, 2016 1:22am

Gunzhard wrote:I was looking through the rules of AHQ Terror in the Dark and several things seemed to be straight from the WD quests. Does anyone know what is/isn't overlap with regards to quests, magic, monsters, characters etc... ?

And then which WD quests came out after TitD?

Thanks!

The quest in Terror in the Dark was "The Quest for the Lichemaster" and, in fact, it was a campaign of 5 Quests. The rules in Terror in the Dark "Henchmen", "Treasures" was published in White Dwarf (and maybe spells for Light Wizards too). BUT other quests was only published in White Dwarf after Terror in the Dark, except for "The Troll Slayer Oath", "Priest of Pleasure", "The Quest for Sonneklinge" (but they are NOT in Terror in the Dark). Rules for Jade Wizards was published in a White Dwarf too (but not in Terror in the Dark), and rules for Amethyst Wizards was published with the quest "The Dark Beneath the World". The other quests are : "The Eyes of Chaos", "The (DAMN) Changing Faces of Tzeentch" and "Rivers of Blood".
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room