• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Official Yeoldeinn's community blog unleashed!

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

Official Yeoldeinn's community blog unleashed!

Postby Maike05 » June 3rd, 2012, 5:36 pm

Dear Heroes of Yeoldeinn's community, with drathe's permission, the official yeoldeinn's community blog has been created !

http://yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.com/

This blog will provide our community another place, complementary to the forum and the website, to let members of our great community share their love about Heroquest. This blog will be updated on a regularly basis, unlike the news section of the website and everyone can contribute because this is a community blog :)

This official blog has several objectives:
- improve yeoldeinn's community visibility on the web! We will show around the world how great our community and its creations are !
- provide a common place, complementary to the forum to SHARE picture, ready to print quests, painting techniques, Dm Tips, cool pictures, ... The forum would then be a place to TALK about Heroquest between people as it always was.
- possibility to have a mobile version of yeoldeinn (smartphones...). http://yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.com?m=1
- Provide another chanel for the great community members we have to make the promotion of their great work ! I've seen that many member here already have their own blogs, the Official yeoldeinn's community blog will improve their visibility by referencing them and make official promotion of it ! You may send an email to yeoldeinn.blog@gmail.com to help us referencing everyone's blog.

The possible sections of interest will be :
General HQ articles,
HQ program tests,
Quests-a-week,
saturday night dungeon report,
painting techniques,
cool HQ minis pictures,
ideas and tips to improve your Evil GM side,
houserules,
HQ polls,
share new HQ compatible tiles,

This blog is written BY the community and FOR the community of Ye Olde Inn ! Anyone willing to join in as an official writter, may simply send an email to this adress : yeoldeinn.blog@gmail.com

You should mention:

your nickname on yeoldeinn's forum (mandatory)
your email adress that will be used to add you as an official writter
what categories of article you'd like to write about
an indication about your motivation and time available to do so (once a week, once a month)
if you have one, your blog on Heroquest (this way, we can add it to the blog list)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Official Yeoldeinn's community blog unleashed!

Postby gravaillon » June 4th, 2012, 7:13 am

je viens de jeter un oeil à ton blog, le concept est bon, à savoir, faire le tri dans le forum YE OLDE INN et classer tout cela sous une forme moins bordélique et plus propre, je salue ton initiative et souhaite longue vie à ton projet...

Par contre, je regrette que tu tournes le dos à la communauté francophone... Quand je me suis lancé dans mon projet de remaster, j'avais en tête de lancer une machine qui lancerait plusieurs fans français sur le net, ceux-ci étant alors timides face à l'immense totalitarisme des communautées anglophones... A mon sens, ton blog aurait beaucoup plus d'interêt si tu répertoriait et traduisait en français toutes leschoses interessantes de YE OLDE INN (Forum et site)

Là, je serais ton premier fan ! Indubitablement !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 5th, 2012, 6:41 am

Great idea! I might contribute a bit myself :D

I'd change the language to English though.

Publié par Maike05 à l'adresse 2:24 PM 0 commentaires
Libellés : Cool HQ minis
Réactions :

Oh, and I was happy to see my mini's in the tutorial how to paint flat bases :D
http://yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.nl/ ... HQ%20minis

You misspelled my name though :P it's Sjeng, not Seng ;)

If I register on the site, can you make me a co-writer? (I joined but can't comment yet)
I also have a few notes on the base-painting. I did them a bit differently as you described.

I actually simply painted the entire base in the grey or blue colour wanted the tiles to have, and then traced darker lines with a medium brush over them, and finished it off with a thin brush and black paint. So actually, I only used method 2. But for tutorial purposes, the post is good this way :)
But you could also paint rectangles, although it's slightly more difficult.
The rest is exactly as I did it ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » June 5th, 2012, 8:47 am

My apologies Sjeng :D

For registration to the blog, you have to send an email to yeoldeinn.blog@gmail.com. This is very important to me to keep a written record for every member and to keep the administration side of the blog off the forum. This post should not be the channel to register ;)

Could you please mention :
your nickname on yeoldeinn's forum (mandatory)
your email adress that will be used to add you as an official writter
what categories of article you'd like to write about
an indication about your motivation and time available to do so (once a week, once a month)
if you have one, your blog on Heroquest (this way, we can add it to the blog list)

I'll give you more details by mail.

Glad to have you on board ! :barbarian:

We currently are three official writers now : Torilen, you and me |_P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 5th, 2012, 11:43 am

Cool! thanks. I sent you a mail.

some pointers: it's "writer", not writter. It's Commodore 64, not Commadore 64. Address, not adress. Becoming, not becomming. Used, not ussed (I see that a lot, is this some kind of local difference?)
Doesn't blogger have a built in spell-check?

Oh, and you should post the Milliput basing tutorial on there as well! I have some pictures of my orcs with milliput bases too :)

(and the bar beneath each post is still in French:)
Publié par Maike05 à l'adresse 6:30 AM 0 commentaires
Libellés :
Réactions :

edit: created 2 posts :) Hope you like!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby kboleen » June 26th, 2012, 9:42 pm

That's great. I signed up to follow.
kboleen

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 27th, 2012, 4:57 am

Thanks! Everyone! sign up to follow us! :D

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 29th, 2012, 10:15 am

we need more followers! And don't be shy: post comments! ;)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Seb » July 7th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Definitely recommend the latest report, was fun reading and well put together :)

Odd error with the background and banner; if it helps - Firefox (latest) on MAC, I get the issue. Same again using Safari and Explorer.

Looked great; felt appropriately HQ old school, prior to the bug, trust it will iron out ASAP :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 8th, 2012, 3:59 am

Thanks! I like writing about our games :D

The strange thing is, Maike05 is the blog's admin, I'm just a co-writer, but somehow, ALL of Maike05's blogs are GONE, and his account is also GONE, so I can't even edit the blog. He's not responding to my pm's either.
He's either hacked and lost his account, or he's suddenly just disappeared off of the internets for some reason. I'm a little bit worried.
If, for some reason, he chose to abandon all blogging activites etc. he could have at least made me admin of the blog. Then I could search for other co-writers. I'm totally confused.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Announcements