• Advertisement

Help us improve the forum

Are you having problems, or is there a Forum section you would like added? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forums. Issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages or Blog do not go here.

Re: Help us improve the forum

Postby drathe » Sunday October 6th, 2013 3:02pm

Spoiler tag fixed. Images can now be placed inside them.

There are two types of spoilers. One that shows a black bar hiding the goodies. Click on it and the goodies appear. Have a cookie! :cookie: This one can be placed in-line.

The other lets you title your spoilers. It's the one with the = sign in it. Put your title after the = sign.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Want a cookie?
No cookies for you. :twisted:

This one lets you reveal and then obsure the spoiler. This one appears on a separate line entirely. Kinda like a quote does.

Then there's spoilers inside spoilers.
Just use another spoiler tag inside the original. Up to 5 nested spoilers are allowed. (this number can be changed if we really need it)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » Sunday October 6th, 2013 4:03pm

Looks good. White background is a bit bright. I'd change it to the same background as normal once it's revealed. Other than that looks good.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » Sunday October 6th, 2013 5:16pm

Used Corridor Grey for the background and matched the border of the spoiler box to the horizontal rule lines.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » Sunday October 6th, 2013 5:17pm

cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » Sunday October 6th, 2013 7:28pm

Had to ctrl+F5 to clear the cache but now it's looking better. Seems you got that festering boil lanced right away!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » Wednesday October 9th, 2013 3:24pm

Maike05 wrote:cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Is this a serious suggestion? If yes, how about trap orange since in most cases, the stuff that's being hidden is trap-like. :)

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maike05 » Wednesday October 9th, 2013 4:24pm

drathe wrote:
Maike05 wrote:cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Is this a serious suggestion? If yes, how about trap orange since in most cases, the stuff that's being hidden is trap-like. :)

also fine by me ;)
As the forum uses HeroQuest color scheme, let's blend it in !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby Big Bene » Tuesday April 29th, 2014 3:08am

I would like to see a function to show forum entries by date. It happened all too often to me that I didn't have the time to read through all "new posts", and when I came back they were already gone (not "new" anymore). So if I just could have the possibility to just look up the posts of the last X days, that would be very helpful. Or is there already such a function? Didn't find it...
Last edited by Big Bene on Tuesday April 29th, 2014 4:31am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby drathe » Friday May 2nd, 2014 3:07pm

Big Bene wrote:I would like to see a function to show forum entries by date. It happened all too often to me that I didn't have the time to read through all "new posts", and when I came back they were already gone (not "new" anymore). So if I just could have the possibility to just look up the posts of the last X days, that would be very helpful. Or is there already such a function? Didn't find it...

There is a limited function for that found here:
On the index page...
Index wrote:View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts (#) • View active topics

View active topics shows the most recently active topics in the past 7 days. There is a dropdown at the bottom where you can select different results: 1 day, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, & 1 year.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby FainFlynn » Friday February 27th, 2015 5:53pm

This is a hard question to answer. I love this site and have used your downloads with great success! I began painting my figures like I did as a kid so I hope to post pics soon!
FainFlynn

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Discussion Room