• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Some homebrew equipment

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Some homebrew equipment

Postby Vorimir » April 17th, 2023, 4:41 pm

Hi guys, Ive been a long time HQ player from the 90s and now with the new one I'm on fire again. I want to share some weapons and equipment we use:

Bow: 2 dice ranged attack but you can choose to make two one dice attack instead but you have to choose different targets. 250 coins. Can't be used by the wizard.

Spear: 2 dice attack weapon. Allows you to attack diagonally. Can be throw but you lose It. Can be picked up with a search action if you roll 4+ in a D6. Otherwise is permanently lost. Can't be used by the wizard. 300 coins.

Mace: 2 dice attack weapons. Undead defend with 1 fewer dice. 150 coins. Can't be used by the wizard.

Flail: 2 dice attack weapons. Can attack diagonally. Undead defend with 1 fewer dice. 300 coins. Can't be used by the wizard.

Leather Armor: If you need to defend against just one skull roll one extra dice. Armor. Can't be used by the wizard.

Leather doublet: if you are damaged by a non Magic trap roll a combat dice. If you roll a White shield ignore 1 point of damage.

I have more here and there, Hope you like this sample.
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Some homebrew equipment

Postby Kurgan » April 18th, 2023, 2:57 pm

Welcome, thanks for sharing these !

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby burglekutt » April 27th, 2023, 7:28 pm

Mace = Give it a plus +1 for undead instead. I've always thought monster become to weak when losing a Defense Die.

Spear = For $300 maybe increase the odds of finding it to even more than 50%.
Spears are hard to deal with since a crossbow has 3Att and a Long sword has 3Att diagonal. I hate to think it but it needs to always be found or have some other special ability to make it of greater use.

Love the list though and use many of them.
Last edited by burglekutt on April 5th, 2024, 9:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RSummers » April 5th, 2024, 8:03 am

These are AWESOME! I hadn't thought of the qualifiers, like the leather armor helping if it's 1 skull. This really expands the options!! Any chance you'll share your other ideas? :)
RSummers

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby burglekutt » April 7th, 2024, 8:42 am

Some ideas for the Spear.

A. Its 3Att if using two hands? (Not as good as the Long sword & Shield but close.)
B. Its 4Att if thrown? (Now we're getting closer to me not minding if it breaks for $300.)
C. If thrown and the monster dies, roll 2Att for the monster directly behind it as it goes through?
D. Reroll triggering traps of all kinds due to "feeling ahead of you" while moving?
E. It gives you a plus +1Def to melee attacks due to monsters fear/reach of it?
F.?

The player will rightly assume the spear could break the first time they throw it, so hopefully it was of great use till then.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Rules