• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Party Experience Tracker

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Party Experience Tracker

Postby Maike05 » April 10th, 2022, 10:20 am

Hi everyone,
here is my latest creation : an experience tracker sheet for HeroQuest! For a long time I wanted to create a playful way to track the experience of the party.
I'm sharing with you version 1.1 A5 format

Use: one sheet per Quest and per party. Check the boxes corresponding to the exploits your party has just achieved. You decide the value of experience points gained (this way it is system agnostic, see however below my suggestions) At the end of the Quest, add up the experience points earned by the party and spend them on new talents or to increase the natural attributes of heroes (Body, Mind, Strength, Agility...).

Suggested experience points system:
- traps and hidden passage discovery = 1 point each
- attribute tests passed and failed = 1 point

For monsters, I suggest expanding the Bestiary with an experience matrix where the threat level equals a certain amount of experience points.
- Monsters of threat level 1 could be giants spiders, bats, rats, gobelins and squeletons = 1 point each
- Monsters of threat level 2 could be orcs, zombies, skaven warriors = 2 points each
- Monsters of threat level 3 could be Fimirs and mummies = 3 points each
- Monsters of threat level 4 could be Chaos Warriors and Chaos Warlocks = 4 points each
- Monsters of threat level 5 could be named Vilains of a Quest = 5 points each
etc, you get the idea.

What do you think about the Design of this addon? Is something missing?
What would you do differently?
Thank you in advance for your kind comments!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Party Experience Tracker

Postby Malcadon » May 4th, 2022, 2:09 am

Maike05 wrote:What do you think about the Design of this addon? Is something missing?

Looking neat, but I have have questions.

1) How are the Experience Points spent?

2) What is the Gargoyle valued at?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Rules