• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Witch additional rules?

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Witch additional rules?

Postby VandenDriesAndy » June 26th, 2021, 9:30 am

Hello,

I was looking on the website on the 'cards' page. Seems really cool to play with all the new cards, but can anyone help me witch rules I have to use with them?

Until now I haven't found any to use the tomb treasure and magical treasure.
Also the fate cards aren't clear how to use them.
Same as the miracles for the paladin when lesser and when greater miracle? Only for paladins or also for other characters?

Looking forward for some advice to expand the game...
VandenDriesAndy

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Which additional rules?

Postby Kurgan » June 26th, 2021, 12:51 pm

I clicked thinking this was talking about special rules for a "Witch" character class. ;)

You could try contacting the author. Like most things on here though, I think it's up to your own imagination how you want to use them. But if you want a clue how the author intended, try searching here on the forum in the search function or contact them directly. Dock is the one who created the ones you're talking about, seems cool with information.

My thought would be (without knowing specifically) that the magical treasure might be only for magical characters when they search, and tomb treasure would be in rooms that have a grave, coffin or tomb in them. The Paladin I think was intended for his version of the paladin class character. Not sure if it doesn't say in the pdf.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Witch additional rules?

Postby iKarith » July 17th, 2021, 5:23 pm

That's a problem I hope we can address at some point as we improve and upgrade things here at the Inn a little bit. (I'm going to be helping with this project.) It's not real high on the priority list I'm afraid, but it is there.

I probably should post something in a more appropriate sub about that just for people's comments.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Witch additional rules?

Postby Stig » July 17th, 2021, 6:38 pm

I think the single best additional rule, which I found buried here deep in some long topic was

A figure who loses two or more BP in one turn can be moved through by any other figures that turn, ie they no longer block the square they’re in

This represents two sudden heavy hits causing the character to recoil/grasp their wounded side/drop to their knees etc; meanwhile enemies scuttle past while the figure is weakened, powerless to stop them!

The effect is that it’s possible to stop the Barbarian just blocking a square and adds more dynamism to the monster turn. It increasing difficulty for the heroes a little. So realistically a hail of arrows could drop a hero, letting the charging monsters past and to the softer hero targets in the rear.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Rules