• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Movement variants?

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Movement variants?

Postby The Admiral » June 27th, 2019, 6:40 am

Tott wrote:Im not a fan of removing the movement dice, id prefer other options such as:
My Elven racial ability is that the Elf rolls 3 movment die, then ignores the lowest dice.

Nice idea. My Elf gets +1 to his roll, while the Dwarf gets -1. The Elf is however more severely affected by any body armour he wears, while the Dwarf is almost immune to those effects.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wallydubbs » September 16th, 2019, 3:28 pm

One of my groups tend to stick together and work as a team room-to-room so they don't really care for dice rolling for movement. Occasionally they'll send a guy back after they realized the didn't search for secret doors while the others press on. But most of the time they stick together and don't care to roll, unless it's part of the fun (rolling boulder anyone?)
So if there are no forthcoming traps down a long hallway I'll let the heroes traverse as one.
However, if they're running from a monster or chasing down an Ice Gremlin, yes, they must roll.

Although all Polar Warbears have a maximum of 6 movement, realistically they wouldn't all be the same. Comparatively some could match a heroes speed while others would fall short. This is all reflective of the heroes roll. He tries to get away and rolls a 4, either the Warbear was too fast or the hero stumbled.
Some quests can be determined by making it back to the stairwell or getting to the exit door (Halls of Dwarven Kings and Flight to the Surface) when you have little body points left. In such circumstance, speed is more important then swordsmenship and this, in turn, comes down to luck of the dice.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Felindar » January 25th, 2020, 10:41 pm

I use elf 8+d6 Dwarf 4+d6 humans 6+d6.

This seems to eliminate the wated 12s and inopertune 2s.
God makes us strong for a little wile so we can defend the weak.
Felindar

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Once was Mortimer » February 13th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Felindar wrote:I use elf 8+d6 Dwarf 4+d6 humans 6+d6.

This seems to eliminate the wated 12s and inopertune 2s.

I had a similar but slower version back when I was trying to do my 'updated' heroquest rules.

Dwarf 3+D6
Barbarian & Wizard 4+D6
Elf 5+D6

Which was pretty much the movement ripped from Warhammer, the Dwarf got the advantage of not being slowed down my heavy armour.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 13th, 2020, 6:44 pm

I agree with the difference of speed/movement

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Rules