• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Counter-Attack

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Counter-Attack

Postby el_flesh » August 22nd, 2010, 8:58 am

We also have a counter system in our games - where if you OR the monster rolls double the shields necessary, then you have blocked the attack so strongly (unbalancing the attacker) that you can counter him with an attack of your own!

Monsters also use white shields for blocking. We are trying to assign some kind of function to the black shield...considering money drops, etc....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Counter-Attack

Postby torilen » August 22nd, 2010, 11:38 am

I like that idea of a counter attack - I actually had worked on something similar, but could never come up with a good system, at least
not for heroquest (did for another game system that I made myself - that's another story)

As far as monsters using white shields - I use this idea for extra powerful monsters, not just normal ones. Take, for example,
a mummy - suppose the normal mummy still rolls black shields - a magically enhanced mummy might roll white shields. That
would be the only change to it - makes it a little more dangerous, but its still a mummy.
OR - sometimes I'll keep the same stats for a type of monster, and give it the white shields and a different name.
For example - well, can't think of one off the top of my head. But suppose an orc rolls black shields, and you make
a monster that is kin to an orc, but looks a little different and is stronger and maybe more experienced for the most
part - then that monster would get the white shields.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Rules