• Advertisement

Additional stat categories?

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Additional stat categories?

Postby mitchiemasha » Sunday January 7th, 2018 6:45pm

No... I like how HeroQuest only has limited stats. That's part of it's beauty. All of the extra things, like tests etc can be attributed by those stats. As Anderas points out, focus on improving Mind points first.

Sneak, Thiriokinesis (control beast), Healer, Berserker, Warewolf... all tie into Mind points in my game. I did use them for initiative for a while too but that got ditched.

For instance 'Sneak Skill: Each rolled Movement d6 must be lower than the Hero's mind to Sneak'. Roll too high and your too excited, too quick, theme it anyway you choose. The higher that hero's Mind the better he is at the chosen skill, more likely to achieve it. In character creation you don't want to give your Hero too much Mind as it will have very weak body, it's for the player to find a nice sweet spot. I didn't want to add extra rolls slowing down the game so the Mind test to use your skill are linked to the movement roll.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Sunday January 7th, 2018 6:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Additional stat categories?

Postby mitchiemasha » Sunday January 7th, 2018 6:47pm

We have 4... Body, Mind, Attack, Defence. 5 if including movement: Speed. Any more and I think it's too much, over kill!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Rules