• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Relationships with Men-at-arms

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Relationships with Men-at-arms

Postby Phoenix » July 2nd, 2010, 9:13 am

Ethica wrote:Maybe if they die you should have to make an additional compensation payment to their family.

...seriously :?: :roll:

Maybe Price Magnus can start an insurance company.

"ah, yes, I would like the triple policy please. Life, carriage and health insurance. I would also like a double-endimnity clause for the plague."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby el_flesh » July 2nd, 2010, 11:47 am

Yes, I will :

a) bring him back to them as a zombie; who once I am out of range, will either drop dead (again) or turn on his own family and eat them;
b) bring him back to them as a reanimated skeleton; who, once I am out of range, will definitely kill them if he fails to recognize them (roll 1d 3), or fall apart into a pile of bones
c) forego bringing him back at all, and slay all of his family so that they can join him - in death.

While I would find option b) more amusing, particularly if he fails to recognize them, option a) promises more drama.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » July 2nd, 2010, 12:38 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Ethica wrote:Maybe if they die you should have to make an additional compensation payment to their family.

...seriously :?: :roll:

Maybe Price Magnus can start an insurance company.

"ah, yes, I would like the triple policy please. Life, carriage and health insurance. I would also like a double-endimnity clause for the plague."

:lol:
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » July 2nd, 2010, 1:41 pm

Actually - I kind of like the idea of an insurance-type company - I mean, they could have a bank system, right?
Look how early the Medici family started banking - why not have a sort-of insurance thing going on?

And, there is absolutely no reason why a necromancer couldn't be on the side of good.
necromancer simple means the focus their magic and power on death and un-life - does
not necessarily mean they want ultimate power and will go through anything and anyone
to get at it. (just my opinion, of course)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » July 2nd, 2010, 2:02 pm

torilen wrote:And, there is absolutely no reason why a necromancer couldn't be on the side of good.
necromancer simple means the focus their magic and power on death and un-life - does
not necessarily mean they want ultimate power and will go through anything and anyone
to get at it. (just my opinion, of course)

Very true; I totally agreee
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » July 2nd, 2010, 4:51 pm

So howcome Paladins hate them?

Also, I have never met a non-creepy Necromancer. One and all, they are nothing you would want to bring home to meet the rents.
This ain't 'Quincy, M.D.' here...Necs use life force to replenish their own. They extend their lives unnaturally long by siphoning the lives out of others.
As for ultimate power - who doesn't want that?
The Paladin wants to give total victory to his god - ultimate power, simply given to another.
The Barb wants to be unbeatable here on Earth, maybe using 'Za Aultimatt Zhod of my FAZAA!'
The elf / dwarf want to return to their people victorious, and be the ultimate hero of their people!

What would a Nec do with Ultimate power?
Bascially ensure he is left undisturbed to further study his arcane magics! This is achieved through making tribes peaceful, and severe consequences for any one that attacks his neighbor.
Peace though fear!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DragonHead » July 28th, 2010, 6:08 pm

On the original topic, maybe if you bought a Men-at-arm a weapon he would train and get +1 attack, or he would drop the weapon when he died or you got a half-price/free on the next quest, or permanantewly.

Depending on if he lives or not of course.
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » July 28th, 2010, 6:11 pm

I don't think all heroesa have those ultimate passions but yes, they do fit the stereotype.

I had a strange idea for the necro, could he buy livestock and drain them for power, if he was running low on life o mana (or whatever you call it)?

And then he could raise them as mutant farm animals! (Sorry, very bizarre) :)
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » September 14th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Oh , ijust gotv osme new stuff i developed for men-at-arms (I'm not done)
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby ndsandman » September 15th, 2010, 4:20 am

I downloaded your files, interesting. Using exp to level and want to keep your henchmen alive to help you. I was always thinking, you pay a fee to have them join you for an adventure, maybe next time you don't hire them, and later you rehire them again, keeping trck of their exp they have earned. But I fell they should also get a % of treasure found if its gold, or reward money earned. I believe you should also be able to give them a healing potion, but then wouldn't you want to keep that for yourself ? LOL

Nice men-at arms files to be used.... Thank You
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules