Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Re: MoJones304's Game Rules

Postby MoJones304 » Friday October 27th, 2017 10:45pm

As a way to keep the tension up when Zargon has no figures on the board, I added a feature that I call the Random Action. This keeps the pace up and doesn't allow the Heroes to always stack up at the door and prepare each room like a new war. Anytime that Zargon has no figures on the board, he should roll one combat dice. If he rolls a white shield, the top card from the Random Action deck is played. Additionally, any time a player rolls all 1's or 6's, the top card is played as well. There are 27 cards in the Random Action deck, with 20 of them being bad results, 4 being beneficial and 3 resulting in nothing. The 4 beneficial cards are not returned to the deck, so as the quest moves along, there is even more reason to pick up the pace. We have played a few quests with this new feature and it has really added some new drama to the game.
MoJones304

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby DullandRusty » Saturday October 28th, 2017 12:47am

Love your rule additions. Do you have hero upgrading or leveling as well? I'm looking to have new skills available to heroes via leveling (using gold to upgrade level). I think your rule additions would help the game scale as they level. Also adding i the idea of a turn counter as mentioned in other threads, which after x turns, a wandering monster or a patrol is placed on the board. Any other ideas to keep things lively while also holding onto that rpg leveling feel?
DullandRusty

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby MoJones304 » Saturday October 28th, 2017 10:32pm

It's funny that you mention the idea of leveling up, as that was going to be the next thing that I put on here. The way that leveling up works in my game is based on completed quests. Each time a hero completes a quest, they earn 1 Experience Point. The Experience Points can then be used to purchase new skills and/or abilities.
MoJones304

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » Monday February 19th, 2018 8:17pm

Concerning your rules document of the OP, how about this for a water trap:

Water Pit Trap - A water pit trap is similar to a standard pit trap except it is filled with water. Any Hero that falls into a water pit immediately ends his turn. At the start of his following turns, the Hero must roll his movement dice, one less if he possesses a helmet, armor, or shield. The Hero must spend 5 movement treading water, otherwise he loses 1 Body Point of damage and can't move out. Any protective gear may be discarded and lost before rolling.
This version allows a less lethal choice to retain expensive gear (keeping plate mail is still a death sentence.) Though not stated, it also may combine with the passing items clarification of the EQP and BQP. In that case, only one item may be passed in a turn, so damage is more likely with more defensive gear.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Rules