• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Spiced Up edition A Hero's Quest.

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: HeroQuest Spiced Up edition A Hero's Quest.

Postby mitchiemasha » Tuesday July 26th, 2016 1:51am

Finally i have my Orc special ability....

Orc - Fearless Mob, Waaagh! In the presence of an Orc Chieftain/Champion.
Any Skulls an Orc rolls in defence, in melee combat, are hits against the attacker, even if the Orc is killed. Attacker rolls to defend.

Here's the reasoning: The Orc in the presence of another Chieftain/Champion is likely to be more offensive rather than defensive. If it's defence roll is black shields, as normal, the attacks are blocked. If the roll has skulls, the Orc, taking the risk, allowed you to sink your blade deep into its guts whilst getting a stab at you. If you missed your attack, and the dice dictate the Orc chose the offensive approach, that's just unlucky for the attacker. Now an Orc can be killed in the first round but still get a wound in.

I'd originally come up with the idea to replace the Fimirs tail, it still fits thematically but, Orcs it is.

So we have an either or in the dice out come, either the Orc blocks and gets an attack next go or doesn't block and most likely dies, getting a dig in this go. All previous mechanics i had were OP, like Counter Attack, the triggering effect usually meant the Monster would get an attack in the Heroes turn, and as it survived, an attack during the EW turn, now this is less likely.

The abbreviated version.
Any Skulls rolled in defence are Hits against the attacker. The Attacker rolls to defend.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Monday September 5th, 2016 4:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby mitchiemasha » Monday September 5th, 2016 2:42pm

HeroQuest is back on our table at games night and we've seen some mods to my House Rules. I've finally got the Character Creation how I wanted it (a few posts back) and it still adds up balances, much easier system.

House Rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzUqoU ... sp=sharing
Character Creation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzUqoU ... sp=sharing
Armoury: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzUqoU ... sp=sharing

Each section is now on it's own unique page. Making the House rules page an ideal starter for people. The bold is a bit extreme on screen but needed to be like that as it wasn't bold enough when printed.

And, the Chaos Tokens went down a storm. I played a thief and died. My own fault for rushing to a treasure chest with out trap searching. Inexcusable rookie error!!!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday September 5th, 2016 2:55pm

I like what i read there.
But you created a wondering monster there

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Monday September 5th, 2016 4:12pm

lol... Thank you!!! As if that's the first time this has been pointed out. I've been working on this for a few years. I can't believe it!!!

Many mechanics have been reworded after play sessions revealing pot holes. For instance, the most recent change, Escape used to say, during a hero's turn, simple but the DK tried to play it right after an attack, now we had the problem of, does the attack still stand, If not, has the hero lost it's attack, can he still attack some thing else. Too many question, rewording was needed.

And, after all my spiel on the importance of wording etc... Only now has the wondering monster revealed it self! eeshhh!!! Thanks again. I'll upload the amended version now.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Sunday December 10th, 2017 5:25pm

If anyone stumbles upon this thread... 2 of the character classes are here

Healer
Berserker

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Hero: