• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Corpse Looting

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Corpse Looting

Postby drathe » May 7th, 2010, 1:36 pm

I thought it might be cool if the Heroes could search the corpse of a Monster they kill for anything of value that may be on them. So I devised the rule of Looting. Basically, any Hero who deals the killing blow to a Greenskin (and possibly Chaos Warriors, Ogres, Ice Gremlins, Elven Warriors and Archers and Bosses), may take one coin token for each BP the slain Monster had. I've placed all the tokens in a small pouch (Crown Royal bag for now. May upgrade to a leather pouch later) and the Hero may take one at random. Record the prize on their sheets and return the tokens to the pouch for the next Loot. I'm not 100% sure about the ratio of each, or that they should be returned to the bag, but here's an image:

Prizes:
  • 1 gold
  • 2 gold
  • 3 gold
  • 4 gold
  • 5 gold
  • 10 gold
  • 25 gold
  • Gold x 2 Red Dice
  • 2 Daggers
  • Bombs
  • Wandering Monster/Corpse Not Dead (bring Monster back with ½ BP rounded up)
  • Potion of Healing (+4)

During later expansions, I plan on adding new items to the Loot Bag should things go well.

It's just something extra for Heroes to do to gain extra pocket change, or get more Potions (which are necessary in later expansions). I plan to test this out on my next HeroQuest group, as well as using my Tiered Armoury and limiting the stock to only have 2 of each weapon and armour that costs over 100 gold. Once they're sold out, they're gone (making treasure searching and bargaining with other Heroes all the more important). I'm hoping this will add a little more fun as a Hero who already has a Longsword for example, may find an extra in a search and potentially sell it for profit to a Hero in need.

We'll see how it goes... hopefully soon! |_P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Corpse Looting

Postby el_flesh » May 7th, 2010, 6:25 pm

Not to derail your idea...but shouldn't any monsters carrying a healing potion be able to use it when you strike them a death blow?
Just like the heroes...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 7th, 2010, 8:47 pm

No. Monsters can do many things Heroes aren't allowed to do, so it stands to reason that Heroes can use a potion during a death blow and Monsters can't.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » May 8th, 2010, 10:07 am

I like the idea of getting booty from killing monsters cause otherwise there's not much incentive. Like the quest in teh original series where you get bounty from each monster you kill.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 8th, 2010, 3:49 pm

We implement XP from each monster killed and higher levels get better spells or weapons mastery.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 12th, 2010, 12:09 pm

I love this idea, and my heroes loved it too. Here's something I added (Actually, could you professionally make this if you have the time as part of your sheet?)

4 Bombs- The hero must defend against 2 Attack dice
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 12th, 2010, 3:27 pm

Bombs, eh? I could give it a try early in the week.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mo123813 » June 12th, 2010, 4:08 pm

I also added 2 wandering monster tokens too. Sorry I didn't include that....
But yah. I want my heroes to ALWAYS be on their toes! >:D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » June 12th, 2010, 11:59 pm

I think an "It's not dead!" token would be fun. That way, they have to battle the same monster again. I think it would be a bit better than looting an Orc corpse and having a Wandering Chaos Warrior show up out of the blue. I wonder what I could use for the image on a coin like that... Skull perhaps?

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mo123813 » June 13th, 2010, 12:05 am

drathe wrote:I think an "It's not dead!" token would be fun. That way, they have to battle the same monster again. I think it would be a bit better than looting an Orc corpse and having a Wandering Chaos Warrior show up out of the blue. I wonder what I could use for the image on a coin like that... Skull perhaps?

Awesome Idea!!! That would be too cool! Hmmm....picture huh....
how about like one eye closed and one eye open, if that makes sense :lol:
Like it's getting itself back up again. You know how in movies they appear dead, but then when the camera focuses on their face one eye opens and looks around
well, if that doesnr work, the skull is fine :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Next