• Advertisement

Anderas' HQ: living rule book

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Anderas' HQ: living rule book

Postby Anderas » Friday September 8th, 2017 11:33pm

Wow thanks a lot - i will correct that one.

In the meanwhile i have 90% of my cards on the stack for "redoing" because i found the one or the other failure. It's just crazy how many little things can go wrong. All the more i have learned to appreciate professional work, where they do the same, but under lots of time pressure, and with better quality than me. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby DullandRusty » Wednesday November 1st, 2017 12:35am

Hello Anderas, sorry to bother if it is in another thread (I went through the slev thread as well looking for the asnwer). with this system for the wizard, how does he obtain more mastery points? leveling i presume. How do you level him? based on quests, purchasing training with gold etc? and what is the requirements to level up per mastery. Do you happen to have a link to the thread where you discuss this part of the wizard play?
DullandRusty

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Anderas » Wednesday November 1st, 2017 1:41am

The "mastery" is a score on a spell in my system.

You roll a D6, you add the "mastery".
If you are below your mind points, it works as intended: You pay the cost, you get the effect.
If you are above your mind points, you pay the cost but it doesn't work. Then you can spend the difference (the part you rolled too high) in mind points; in order to make it working.

Example: Your wizard has six mind points. You want to cast the Djinn and keep the card at the same time. You roll D6 plus 4, because keeping the Djinn card is really difficult.
Then you roll a three. Three plus four is seven. Either it didn't work, or you pay an additional mind point and it works.

"Leveling up" the wizard works with the Talisman of Lore and the Wizard's cloak.
Those additional mind points make the wizard really strong.

My system has two effects:
The wizard getting stronger over time (in the beginning he is strong enough, but later he is somewhat meh compared to the others)
The wizard can re-cast some spells, but he will lose mind points in the process, so he can't keep the cards eternally.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » Wednesday November 1st, 2017 3:44pm

gotcha, I misread a quote when you were talking about the genie spell. this makes much more sense now. thank you
DullandRusty

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Previous

Return to Rules