• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 19th, 2015, 1:36 pm

I know there are varying opinions on the idea of monsters dropping gold, but here's a table I can up with for fun.

FYI: All my regular monsters have no more than 3 body points. When a hero kills a monster roll 1 red die for each of the monster's starting body points. That is the gold coin value of the loot drop. Then roll one red die again to determine the mundane object drop. It is all for flavor, but can give the hero a chance to role play with props. Image

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Gold Coin Loot Drop Table

Postby Diggin » June 19th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Incidentally i was working on extra loot cards today, because i need the players to get extra gold during quests. the idea is, all monsters drop gold, but sometimes a kill was so special (a boss, or an amazing fight) the player can draw one of the kill rewardcards. Maybe i should post them somewhere...

i think i like your idea of rolling dice depending on hitpoints , but the whole reason we are dropping experience system is the amount of writing it takes during play.
Would you just have a big ugly sheet o paper and write down 12gold+ 7gold+ 16gold + 3gold? Or do you have a better idea for that?

(p.s. most of those items are lame, but i would kill a horde of dragons for that Toy Ogre)
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mako-heart » June 19th, 2015, 7:51 pm

I don't think the items are lame at all i love the idea of one of my heros with a obsidian mask or stone abucus. Love it , and will defently use it . players want drops, no matter what. killing it gimmie!
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » June 19th, 2015, 7:59 pm

I like it as well.

Would probably limit to a few times per quest, rather than all monsters.

Then in some random encounter I'd have a random dude looking for a __________ from the table above, and give the Heroes a reward of some type when they return it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Diggin » June 20th, 2015, 3:21 am

Now that's funny!

if you do a roll like that after each quest, then players hang on to all the crazy stuff they find, just in case somebody needs it. I can see them dragging those tapestries already.. instead of company of Heroes, we're just a bunch of guys looting a Wizard's mansion.
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » June 20th, 2015, 7:52 am

Haha, yeah perhaps I should've expounded on that.

I like encounters and have my guys travel around a large over world. Sometimes in a town setting ill have a random dude, secondary to whatever the goal is, who has a minor something he needs or wants the heros to do.

Could limit them to some number and offer a small gold value or selling the items.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Rules