• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wizard Equqipment

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Wizard Equqipment

Postby Anderas » August 16th, 2015, 1:36 am

Yes, one element of haste should be there somewhere, not necessarily strong, but visible. It's a mental effect on the player's heads rather than anything else. :D

I think the broach of Mind Point healing is good. I didn't think about the combination with the wand of magic and thought there would be only one BP every two turns or one MP every turn. With the Wand of Magic, this slowdown mechanic for the MP healing is also necessary and good - otherwise the additional MP cost added to some permanent effects would be no cost in reality.

Why don't you replace this
You may use one of the following abilities whenever you could cast a spell, instead of using a spell card.

by this
Cast Action:

?
Why do you state this on every card:
This card does not need to be discarded to do so.

Don't you state that the spell has to be discarded on the spell cards?
Last edited by Anderas on August 16th, 2015, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » August 16th, 2015, 3:58 am

On my own set, it simply has a cast action symbol. Similarly, the spells, it's "(cast action symbol), discard this card: Spell effect".

The wording here is peculiar to presenting this on Ye Olde Inn, as my other wording was confusing people who where not familiar with my set.

My copy of the Broach of Mending simply lists:
(cast action symbol), (Body Point symbol): One adjacent figure recovers up to one lost (Body Point symbol).
(cast action symbol): You recover up to one lost (Body Point symbol).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » February 16th, 2016, 11:45 am

OK, I've worked on this quite considerably, to combine it with Anderas' excelent spell system. This then allow the Wizard to cast a number of spells, while still giving him useful items to buy.

Here are my notes, in HQR format, and using notations for the German dice. You could add extra notes to convert the dice to standards if needed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qmd2iq2u1gh0il/Foci.doc?dl=0
You'll need Count Mohawk's HQModern font to read it!

Note the "Praxis" ability counts your MP as being one higher when using a mastery test.
If you are not using Anderas' system, you could instead have Praxis allow the card to be "drained" (used once per quest), to allow the appropreate spell to be cast without the discard.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Rules