• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A more interactive HQ

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: A more interactive HQ

Postby mitchiemasha » Thursday November 6th, 2014 5:03pm

Now i think about it mummies would probably attack exactly like zombies but I always see skeletons fight more like fighters, thanks to all the old skool movies we used to see like Jason and the Argonauts.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » Sunday November 9th, 2014 10:21am

The Road Warrior wrote:Personally I would consider swapping the zombie and skeleton skills if I was going to use this system myself. The 'combining attacks' skill feels more zombie-ish to me, and the skeleton miniature is carrying the scythe which looks more like a diagonal attack weapon. But it doesn't really make much difference and having diagonal attacks on the zombie allows them to surround a hero if they get the chance and attack from all angles. Still very zombie-ish. :2cents:

mitchiemasha wrote:Yeah that makes perfect sense. Zombies in classic zombie situations are only a threat in numbers so that rule would make them a threat... I'm using that... I also agree with the skeleton with diagonal attack because of it's big weapon.

Gold Bearer wrote:I agree that you gave the more dangerous skill to the less dangerous monster and the less dangerous skill to the tougher monster but I wouldn't think that was the right way to go even if the swap didn't make more sense. The monsters should be at different levels. Zombies are supposed to be better.

Guys, maybe you're right here..
I'll give it a try οn a future quest.

:lol: We all agree here, that's not democratic..

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » Thursday November 20th, 2014 6:36am

We've just finished the 2nd Quest.

"The Rescue of Sir Ragnar" on D10 square.
A few map changes with same Quest notes.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Saturday November 22nd, 2014 6:27am

Is anyone interested to play the Amazon on our PBP game?
The 3rd Quest has just begun!
viewtopic.php?f=162&t=2654

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Saturday December 20th, 2014 4:20am

Here is the 3rd Quest which heroes chosen to play,
PRINCE MAGNUS' GOLD on E9
quest notes: same as original
they're currently escaping carrying the chests!

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » Saturday December 20th, 2014 12:07pm

Still loving this system of Chaos tokens. It seriously enhances the strategic side of the game, which I enjoy. I think it's much better than the token system in your other PBP game ;)

A few other things I noticed:
  • The skill you have given the Barbarian is very good. I have read other ideas about giving the Barbarian a +1 attack dice and had my doubts about balancing them without changing other parts of the game. The restriction that defence may not be greater than attack may be the solution I was looking for.
    So the Barbarian may either be 5 attack + 4 defence or 4 attack 5 defence (Borins armour/plate armour + helmet)
  • One token every 10 rounds bothers me a bit. I'm sure I would lose count or forget to take an extra token. Is there a better way of doing this?
  • The map/between quests section is good as well. I think that it would perhaps work better if we didn't already know the quests but that can't really be helped. I have my own plans for between quests anyway (although I seriously need to rethink how Settlements work, the current system can mean exploring a settlement takes far longer than a quest).
  • We seriously need to meet a Gargoyle (no, I will not go to the Trial ;) ). This is the one skill I have real doubts about but I'm reserving judgement until after we have encountered one in the game.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » Sunday December 21st, 2014 4:49am

The Road Warrior wrote:Still loving this system of Chaos tokens. It seriously enhances the strategic side of the game, which I enjoy. I think it's much better than the token system in your other PBP game ;)

I agree, i prefer this system too.
The Road Warrior wrote:[*]One token every 10 rounds bothers me a bit. I'm sure I would lose count or forget to take an extra token. Is there a better way of doing this?

Another way is to gain 1 token on each positive treasure card pull. If for example 1 hero searches and draws a Healing Potion, Gold! etc. Zargon gains 1 token.
If he draws a Hazard! or finds something written in quest notes then Zargon gains no token.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » Friday January 16th, 2015 9:11am

The Road Warrior wrote:We seriously need to meet a Gargoyle (no, I will not go to the Trial ;) ). This is the one skill I have real doubts about but I'm reserving judgement until after we have encountered one in the game.

Definitely change this skill!

This is the biggest, baddest monster in the original game. It deserves a skill that you can instantly see take effect and that can be devastating to the Heroes. I think a second attack would be much more suitable. If you want to follow the 'no defence against the 2nd attack' rule from TFH then limit the 2nd attack to 2 combat dice.
Last edited by The Road Warrior on Friday January 16th, 2015 10:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Friday January 16th, 2015 10:47am

Or change it to skulls cause damage on it's defence roll? That's what skulls are for.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2454

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » Saturday January 17th, 2015 8:12am

Probably this will be the final monster token-skill list:

GOBLIN move-hit-move

ORC 1 combat die re-roll

FIMIR hero defends with black shields

SKELETON diagonal attack

ZOMBIE combine attack with other undead monsters

MUMMY 1 random chaos spell (non-massive)

CHAOS WARRIOR / DOOMGUARD hero rolls 1 less melee combat die

GARGOYLE turn to stone. Unharmed until your next turn or a caster uses an Earth spell to break it
OGRES push/grab

ELVEN WARRIOR / ARCHER extra movement: 1 red die

GIANT WOLF your wounded enemy turns to werewolf

MERCENARIES defend with white shields

YETI hug

ICE GREMLIN steal item

POLAR WARBEAR 2nd attack (may not be defended)

DARK WARRIORS 1 black shield blocks all skulls
Last edited by Sotiris on Saturday January 17th, 2015 8:56am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Rules