• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A more interactive HQ

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: A more interactive HQ

Postby Gold Bearer » October 9th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Sotiris wrote:Is anyone interested to be the 4th player of the pbp party?
What about Proctolus or Tasoe? If not we could share another one of your characters like we did with Sir Jason for a quest and if we get a fourth player they could be allowed to switch characters but get all the fourth character's stuff?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby JasonMCM » October 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

If you can't find anyone I can play the Cleric as well as the Amazon. If that is acceptable.
Then if anyone chooses to join up the can take over playing Heely McBleserson... or whatever I choose to name him. :D
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » October 10th, 2014, 12:00 am

Thanks for sharing. Not sure how the PBP thing works but i might be able to join the next one once i've looked into it.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » October 10th, 2014, 2:50 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Thanks for sharing. Not sure how the PBP thing works but i might be able to join the next one once i've looked into it.

It's easy! check here viewforum.php?f=162 for "how to dice" and take a look at the games which are running/finished.
I encourage you to choose a hero and begin from the 1st quest |_P
chaoticprime wrote:What would be more fitting for the Ranger, would be a movement-based skill such as the ability to move 1 square immediately after making an attack--or +1 movement die if he's got herpes. That is the type of skill the class is named for, after all.

It's a nice and thematic skill but it's similar to the Amazon's move-hit-move flexibility.
Gold Bearer wrote:I just don't see why he's only a good shot five times a quest, or how he'd be able to save good shots for later. I think a permenant reroll makes sense, and how exactly the reroll works would depend on his other skills/restrictions.

Hmm...check this version:
Ranger may re-roll 1 jump/dodge trap die OR 1 diagonal/range attack die, once per turn. This die succeeds only on a :blackshield: .
Starting weapon: spear.

Guys do you remember well the quests of the game system? (sir-Ragnar's cell, Spirit Blade location etc.)
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » October 10th, 2014, 3:45 am

Considering that I just played quest 2 about 10 times play testing my reworked core quests I know exactly where Sir Ragnar is being held. :D

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » October 10th, 2014, 8:02 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Thanks for sharing. Not sure how the PBP thing works but i might be able to join the next one once i've looked into it.
It's really easy. To roll dice just type the number you want to roll then d6. So 2d6 for example, then highlight it and click on the dice like you would for a quote. Then post it to roll and the edit the post to carry on with your turn.

Sotiris wrote:Hmm...check this version:
Ranger may re-roll 1 jump/dodge trap die OR 1 diagonal/range attack die, once per turn. This die succeeds only on a :blackshield: .
Starting weapon: spear.
That's better. It's interesting that he's actually better when he attacks diagonally, but I think rerolling black shields would be more balanced. The way it's written there seems a bit underpowered. Maybe he should start with at least one dagger so he can use his ranged skill to start with without losing his spear.

Sotiris wrote:Guys do you remember well the quests of the game system?
Sotiris wrote:(sir-Ragnar's cell
Yes.
Sotiris wrote:Spirit Blade location etc.)
No.

Edit: I have a suggestion for the cleric. I think he should get one holy water at the start of every quest (he can bless ordinary water). That way he doesn't lose his skill when he runs out of his starting equipment. If you like change then maybe he should start with three holy waters instead of five.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » October 10th, 2014, 11:19 am

Gold Bearer wrote:That's better. It's interesting that he's actually better when he attacks diagonally, but I think rerolling black shields would be more balanced. The way it's written there seems a bit underpowered. Maybe he should start with at least one dagger so he can use his ranged skill to start with without losing his spear.

Maybe succeeding with :whiteshield: is better and more balanced. I believe that the spear is enough for a starting weapon. He may reroll a failed jump/dodge/diagonal attack die. I find him ok! Will someone use him??
Gold Bearer wrote:Edit: I have a suggestion for the cleric. I think he should get one holy water at the start of every quest (he can bless ordinary water). That way he doesn't lose his skill when he runs out of his starting equipment. If you like change then maybe he should start with three holy waters instead of five.

"You begin each quest with 5 Holy Water vials. Each one removes 1 undead monster OR restores 1 Body Point"
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » October 10th, 2014, 11:28 am

Sotiris wrote:Maybe succeeding with :whiteshield: is better and more balanced.
Yea, he's a nice character now. He has a bow in his picture, you're going to have to add it to the armoury now. ;)

Sotiris wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:Edit: I have a suggestion for the cleric. I think he should get one holy water at the start of every quest (he can bless ordinary water). That way he doesn't lose his skill when he runs out of his starting equipment. If you like change then maybe he should start with three holy waters instead of five.
"You begin each quest with 5 Holy Water vials. Each one removes 1 undead monster OR restores 1 Body Point"
Oh, oops. Now I think he's OP. :) That's better than having 11BP! So I still think three per quest.

Edit: I know the elf can heal 4BP + cast two ther spells but those 4BP have to be healed all at once, which makes a big difference, and the holy waters can instakill undead. Seems OP.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » October 10th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Possibly the Holy Water should deal 1 damage to the undead?
That would take 2 Holy Waters to take out a Mummy.
This will limit the Over Powerness of the holy water.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » October 11th, 2014, 2:29 am

JasonMCM wrote:Possibly the Holy Water should deal 1 damage to the undead?

It does in the EU rules. Of course that's because all monsters only have one Body point.
Even though I changed my monster body points to that list Gold Bearer gave in the Overpowered Heroes thread, I retained Holy Water's 1 BP damage.
On the other hand, a mummy can be immediately destroyed by discarding any one fire spell.
I don't know if my digressing here helps anyone. Just throwing around an idea.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Rules