• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A more interactive HQ

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: A more interactive HQ

Postby Sotiris » October 17th, 2014, 3:22 am

My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sotiris » October 19th, 2014, 10:45 am

I started making some light changes on some quest maps. Not for me but for players' sake to not be the game boring for them.
I have read some alternate maps around here but i wanted something less modified, so i designed mine.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » October 19th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Nice. :) That will make a huge difference. |_P
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » October 20th, 2014, 6:03 am

Good idea, i was almost tempted to cheat.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » November 3rd, 2014, 11:19 am

We finished the "Maze" quest today and now heroes feel ready to exit the city and travel to explore new adventures!
Watch their progress here: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=2654&p=45859#p45859

D9 - THE MAZE
The only change i did in that quest is to put a mark "A" in the central room with the following instruction:

A. When the first hero finds this room, you may also place inside any unrevealed Orc of the map, in any square you wish. The rooms where they belonged will be found empty.

This addition transforms this quest from a competitive to a cooperative one. ;)

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » November 6th, 2014, 8:31 am

Sotiris wrote:5) Chaos tokens.
Zargon begins each quest with tokens=heroes. He gains 1 token every 10 rounds in the dungeon or every 1 round in the map (explained later). When using 1 token, he may use a monster's skill. Unused tokens can be kept for the next quest.

:goblin: move-hit-continue move
:orc: reroll 1 battle die
:fimir: hero's defense succeeds only with black shields (use this token before fimir's attack roll)
:skeleton: can combine its attack dice with other undead monster's attack (example:1skeleton+1mummy=5 attack dice)
:zombie: diagonal attack
:mummy: draw 1 random chaos spell (except mass spells) which can use it immediately or on a future turn
:chaoswarrior: may defend with white shields (use this token on Zargon's turn)
:gargoyle: counter whip attack. When defending, your black shields in excess return damage to the attacker which may be not defended (use this token on Zargon's turn)

OGRE (all types): push/grab hero. Change your opponent's position after a successful attack, max squares=damage you dealt (use this token before ogre's attack)

I like how these tokens work and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action in the pbp game (as long as you don't use them on me ;) ). I genuinely thought Arg was going to die at the end of the Maze, you should have kept quiet about his potion of Healing!

Personally I would consider swapping the zombie and skeleton skills if I was going to use this system myself. The 'combining attacks' skill feels more zombie-ish to me, and the skeleton miniature is carrying the scythe which looks more like a diagonal attack weapon. But it doesn't really make much difference and having diagonal attacks on the zombie allows them to surround a hero if they get the chance and attack from all angles. Still very zombie-ish. :2cents:
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » November 6th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Zombies in classic zombie situations are only a threat in numbers so that rule would make them a threat... I'm using that... I also agree with the skeleton with diagonal attack because of it's big weapon.

I'd already incorporated MAM for goblins and Exchange Squares for Firmirs. Now I have my Skeletons and Zombies bonus. I still need a mummy Bonus, Chaos Warrior and Orc.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » November 6th, 2014, 1:01 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:.. you should have kept quiet about his potion of Healing!

Haha! I spoke about it because i wanted to remind him (and all of you) that he couldn't be able to drink it when his Body reaches 0 points. It's a rule that i always hated..

mitchiemasha wrote:Yeah that makes perfect sense. Zombies in classic zombie situations are only a threat in numbers so that rule would make them a threat... I'm using that... I also agree with the skeleton with diagonal attack because of it's big weapon.

I understand that this swop fits more with the backround and their weapons but ingame, between skeleton and zombie, i gave the dangerous skill to the less dangerous monster and the less dangerous skill to the tougher monster.
In most cases: +1 defense die > +1 movement square, don't you agree?

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 6th, 2014, 2:48 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:I like how these tokens work and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action in the pbp game (as long as you don't use them on me ;) ). I genuinely thought Arg was going to die at the end of the Maze, you should have kept quiet about his potion of Healing!
Whose side are you on? :) I thought Arg was a gonna too. He's useless.

The Road Warrior wrote:Personally I would consider swapping the zombie and skeleton skills if I was going to use this system myself. The 'combining attacks' skill feels more zombie-ish to me, and the skeleton miniature is carrying the scythe which looks more like a diagonal attack weapon. But it doesn't really make much difference and having diagonal attacks on the zombie allows them to surround a hero if they get the chance and attack from all angles. Still very zombie-ish. :2cents:
mitchiemasha wrote:Yeah that makes perfect sense. Zombies in classic zombie situations are only a threat in numbers so that rule would make them a threat... I'm using that... I also agree with the skeleton with diagonal attack because of it's big weapon.
I agree.

Sotiris wrote:
The Road Warrior wrote:.. you should have kept quiet about his potion of Healing!
Haha! I spoke about it because i wanted to remind him (and all of you) that he couldn't be able to drink it when his Body reaches 0 points. It's a rule that i always hated.!
Yea, that and anyone can use a scroll.

Sotiris wrote:
I understand that this swop fits more with the backround and their weapons but ingame, between skeleton and zombie, i gave the dangerous skill to the less dangerous monster and the less dangerous skill to the tougher monster.
In most cases: +1 defense die > +1 movement square, don't you agree?
I agree that you gave the more dangerous skill to the less dangerous monster and the less dangerous skill to the tougher monster but I wouldn't think that was the right way to go even if the swap didn't make more sense. The monsters should be at different levels. Zombies are supposed to be better.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » November 6th, 2014, 5:00 pm

What you could do to not make the zombie too powerful is make it so it only applies to grouping with other Zombies not all undead.

Horde House Rule
An Attacking Zombie gets +1 Attack dice for every other Zombie next to it, adjacent and diagonal.

Or, keeping it closer to your original idea.

Can combine it's attack dice with other Zombies Attack. (example 2 zombies = 4 attack dice)

Lets face it Zombies climb over each other to attack their victims, regardles to standing on, crushing each other, where as any other creature would wait for the opportunity to attack. If a Zombie is behind another 1, the 1 infront would get 4 attack dice as the 1 behind him is quite literally crawling all over the 1 infront to get at you. If there is 1 to the left and to the right aswell, your pretty screwed. Not a situation any one would want to be in.

The second version can easily total 8 attack dice where as the first would total 5. I'm presuming there would never be a Quest that would see you face more than 4 zombies stud together at once. I've not played many expansions so don't know.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules