• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New character sheet

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

New character sheet

Postby Gronkthefat » April 8th, 2009, 8:52 am

Hi guys, it's been a while. Haven't had the time to check forums since I got told my work were letting me go, but not to worry, I've bounced back and have got a new job now, and during that time haven't neglected my HQ play sessions. My Hero's are just about to face the Witch Lord for the second time, at the end of the main quest series.

Anyway, with that uninteresting blurb out the way my real question was, I know phoenix had produced some expanded char sheets to use with his Imperial Academy rules but can't seem to find them on his site anymore. Any ideas where they went? Any advice from the man would be appreciated. I want to try and bring in the advancement rules when they set out for Kellar's Keep.

Cheers ears!

Gronk
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New character sheet

Postby Phoenix » April 8th, 2009, 9:43 am

I would have recommended starting with the advancement rules initially, but alas, KK is as good a time as any to begin. My question, are you going to have their first quest be KK#1 OR are you going to advance them the 14 (15) Quests they've already done?

This is a work-in-progress.

TIA Character Sheet

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gronkthefat » April 8th, 2009, 10:17 am

Cheers dude!

I've been wondering about this myself. It was a new group when I started and wanted to keep it simple at first but they've taken to it pretty well and I'm worried it's starting to go a little stale. Thought I'd give your excellent rules a go to bring an extra element in. I'll let you know how it works out.

As for where to start them I thought I may begin at the bottom of the scale. Announce that when they've complete the series of main quests they've earnt enough honour to call themselves hero's. That way it gives them something to build up to rather than already starting as veterans. Only problem I'm thinking of at the moment is KK is supposed to be played continuously rather than letting them go back to town to buy things and hence train at TIA.

What do you suggest?
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Postby Phoenix » April 23rd, 2009, 9:01 am

I started a group of two players (let's call them Group A) and we did the first 5 Quests (We actually started with the Maze and then the trial was #2). Interest was lost.

I started a second group (Group B) a few months later (consisting of Group A plus one). We started back over with new characters and started with the maze again and made it to Quest 9 or 10 in the Original Quest Book. Interest was high, and fun was being had. However, we added a forth (and experienced player) to the group (and technically a fifth) and decided to have all new characters and fully incorporate The Imperial Academy.

As Groups A & B had just went through the beginnings of the Quests/QP, I wanted to keep them interested. My hopes were also high that I could play beyond Return of the Witchlord. So, I went through the first 15 Quests ("The Maze" plus the 14 Quests in the Original Game System) and did some calculations on how often Treasure would be searched for (and found) and added up all of the Artifacts/Gold/Equipment, etc. and let the player's distribute them amongst them selves. The Gold automatically got split between the four of them and they doled out the rest. It worked out pretty well. All of the player's got to start with 15 Quests under their belt and made some tough choices at the Academy. We then started at Quest #1 of Kellar's Keep (Quest 16) and continued from there. As of right now, the group (Bob & the Treasure Seekers) is preparing for the final Quest of Return of the Witchlord and will journey beyond my previous experience. I'm actually kind of excited (although I've been working A LOT, lately and haven't even had the time to day-dream of when the next game session will be.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 15th, 2022, 7:56 pm

Archived link here.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero: