• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest festival and tournament

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Heroquest festival and tournament

Postby Maike05 » May 27th, 2012, 5:20 am

Hello, I can't find where you posted it ?

In addition, I've been thinking that I could make battlemaps for this expansion if you'd like ? Just look at my tiles creations in the forum ;) The only restriction I've is the size of a sheet of paper A4, which means 10x8 tiles 2,5cm² or 8x6 tiles 3cm².

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby torilen » May 27th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Sorry, I edited my last post.
it's in the play-by-post forum.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » May 28th, 2012, 4:17 pm

UPDATE from 5-28-2012
New game included - I edited the first post of this thread.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » May 29th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Could an Elf use Heal Body or Rock Skin in a swordfighting tourney? Could Courage be used as well, as it isn't cast on an opponent? In either case, are spells regained along with Body Points between contests?

Will armor be available for purchase at a later time?

If the answers are yes, I wanna play one.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby torilen » May 30th, 2012, 8:32 am

Daedalus - sorry about that. Didn't even think about spells being used
in the contests. I've decided that, yes, they can be used. For now, at
least. We'll see how that works out. May have to change that in future
festivals.

Go ahead and post your elf.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » May 31st, 2012, 9:23 am

Addendum to the use of spells - not mind altering spells allowed...such as command, sleep,
or charm...anything like that. Granted, they are great for normal combat, but kind of defeats
the purpose and spirit of a tournament.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » May 31st, 2012, 9:14 pm

Watch and see how fast the wizard gets defeated by Barbs. Or dwarfs. Or elves.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 1st, 2012, 1:11 am

I think it would be great to allow a Wizard with full spells in an all-out fight against a Barbarian, but not in a tournament like the one presented here. It fits a gladiatorial contest better--that would be fun! Limiting spells to just personal affecting ones should work better, I think.

I wonder if Courage should last just the first strike or the whole fight. At first, even the Wizard would stand a good chance to win some fights if the continual version of this spell was combined with some of his other spells. Perhaps the Bracers should be allowed to make a Wizard more competitive in the swordfighting list. A magical competition wouldn't be necessary if he could stand up to the other Heroes.

Another thing that would help out the Wizard would be to factor in movement, so that he could cast a spell from a distance and not necessarily be attacked every round. Comparing movement dice could do the trick, perhaps. Maybe obstacles/choke-points could be included to make diagonal-attacking weapons more meaningful. But now we're talking more complication.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » June 1st, 2012, 2:50 am

This clearly makes sense because a wizard is disandvanted in close pvp with only 4 BP. On the other side he also benefits from healing spells, rock skin and some powerfull attack spells like genie or fire of wrath. So in conclusion a wizard should play more strategically just like real pvp!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » June 1st, 2012, 8:58 am

Well, that's where having actual battle maps would come in. As I said...adults playing with their
action figures - but hey, if the wizard gets to move around, he could stand a chance. Especially
if you stick with the basic roll of 2 red dice...never know what could happen.

Personally, I would like to see (eventually) a fight between some "leveled-up" characters, perhaps.
A player playing the wizard, using my expanded spell list - he could do some real damage. AND...I've
created a few artifacts that allow multiple spells during a turn - only once or twice in a quest, but
it would be enough.

As far as limiting spells - I have only stated no mind altering spells - any other offensive spells are
fine, and anything that effects the caster (defense, attack, protection, etc.) are all good, too.

But in this scenario - trying it out online...I agree with el flesh, the wizard would get clobbered.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Rules