• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Trap Ideas

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Grazul's Traps & Deadly Devices

Postby IvenBach » August 22nd, 2013, 2:11 pm

chaoticprime wrote:Image

Wouldn't it be better to change the red dice to say combat dice and have them be shields? I had a duh moment. There's only 1 black shield and would make no sense to use a hero shield for a monster. I'll keep quiet.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby chaoticprime » August 22nd, 2013, 3:39 pm

IvenBach wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:Image

Wouldn't it be better to change the red dice to say combat dice and have them be shields? I had a duh moment. There's only 1 black shield and would make no sense to use a hero shield for a monster. I'll keep quiet.

Everything seems to be in order here.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » August 22nd, 2013, 8:22 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Teleport Trap with a twist:
A simple teleport trap. You step on it and are transported to the exit square.
But instead of just being moved annoyingly you are teleported into a fighting pit filled with monsters.
Only by killing the monsters will the return-teleport appear.
You could make it one use only. That way the other heroes can't even help.

I like this, it reminds me of Eye of the Beholder.

Speaking of which, drawing / stealing inspiration from it, here's a missile trap of sorts;

Fireball / dart / arrow / stone / dwarf / [missile of your choice]
You have an activation pad on a square and the missile is fired from the wall at the end of the corridor. Chances are it will hit whoever has activated it (especially first time) however if there are others in the corridor closer to where the missile is fired from, they get hit instead. Or it fires down a different corridor...
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » September 15th, 2013, 12:39 am

Falling roof traps. Don't know why I hadn't thought of it sooner. Isn't it that once the tile is placed it's there forever? I can see a wizard searching for treasure right in the doorway and then giggling as he uses 'Pass Through Rock' to leave. What's everyone's opinion of putting that into the treasure deck without telling any of the players? That could make for one heck of a way to end the game. Better make sure somebody has that sledgehammer! :twisted:
*Edit: That would add a whole new dimension to searching for treasure inside of pit traps. 'But but but... Can't I dodge left? Or how about right?' 'Dude! Your IN THE PIT! You are now a pancake. But for the rest of you look at the bright side, no more pit to jump over.' That's how I see a conversation going over at some point.

Mimic/Mocking Beast. For those that got the reaper bundle you have a treasurechestie that will look just like a chest and instead of it being a trap have it be the monster. It immediately causes 1BP of dmg and latches onto the hero that searched. It has a defense of 4 and 2 BP. In the unlikely event it's not killed, or someone for who-know's-why is searching solo, it gets to deal and additional 1 BP of dmg (or roll attack dice 2/3? dunno just came up with the idea) for more damage. I already see it being taken down before it can get additional damage so it'd be a moot point but the potential for surprising the gamers is just too good to pass up for me not to use that idea. NOM NOM NOM!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » September 15th, 2013, 1:23 am

IvenBach wrote:Image

That reminds me of this chest from The Color of Magic.

Another thought I has was monsters set in an ambush waiting get to attack before the hero gets to do anything.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » September 15th, 2013, 9:18 am

First off - I really like that fiery steps spell. Great for defensive moving and such.

Second - WHERE CAN I GET HAT MONSTER/CHEST??? That is the coolest looking thing ever.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 15th, 2013, 11:15 am

Reaper. It's called Mockingbeast and comes in metal or as Bones: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mimic
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » September 15th, 2013, 1:32 pm

$8 or $2.29 I think the choice is obvious - http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/mimic

Rewards:
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » September 15th, 2013, 6:57 pm

I'm not so sure about that - my painting skills are good, but not THAT good.
I think I'd go for the painted one for more money.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » September 15th, 2013, 7:11 pm

They are both unpainted. $2 for the Plastic Resin or $8 for the metal. My skills are pitiful compared to what I'd like to be able to come up. Work with what you got and hope for the best!

Rewards:
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Rules