• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [7 Quests] - The Spawn of Chaos

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [7 Quests] The Spawn of Chaos

Postby joec » March 10th, 2011, 6:44 pm

I just read over this one, and it's great work! It reminds me of the Star Trek episode "The Squire of Gothos". I'm saving this one for later, as I think my players will enjoy it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » May 2nd, 2018, 8:34 am

Just started a solo play test of this with my Heroes. I Will probably play it with my brother in Oct/Nov.

The first quests are not overly difficult with 20+ monsters each, so I've been playing with just two Heroes (Imperial Noble Deiter von Lubrecht, and Lidda the Halfling Rogue) + 4 henchmen. My Brother has Altus the Alchemist instead of Lidda. A weaker fighter, but massive healer. Quest 4 was a step up though. Same numbers of monsters but almost half are Chaos warriors, backed up by quite a few Fimirs, which I am playing as Beastmen in these quests; almost identical stats, but I think Beastmen give it a more chaotic feel.

Story line:
After helping Saracen the Barbarian with the final 3 quest of Heralds of Chaos, Deiter, his trusty squire William McBride, and Altus returned to Lubrecht manor and paid off all his late fathers debtors. With William left to look after Deiter's estate, Deiter and Altus set off for Quest 1 of this pack. These two will complete the first 4 quests. Although Sigvald will appear at the end of Quest 4, he will not take the Heroes. Instead he goads Deiter that he should "hurry home". Deiter will arrive back at his estate to discover it has been destroyed by Sigvald's forces, which have taken over a nearby fortress. Deiter, Altus, William and Dasmius, a sole surviving cleric from the fort (he is mentioned in the quest intro) will attempt to retake the fort (Stronghold of Orcs quest from the Chaos Unleashed pack). At the end of this quest Sigvald will appear and take the four Heroes to his realm.

Sigvald the Magnificent is definitely an impressive figure. I've decided he is a must for this pack, and I've ordered him off ebay today!

Thanks for this interesting pack Tott.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Sigvald the Magnificent

Postby The Admiral » May 5th, 2018, 5:32 pm

For such an impressive looking fellow, his combat prowess is a little weak. 3 att and 3 def. He has that huge sword (Sliverslash) and his Platemail Armour (Auric Armour) and shield. I'm going to make him 4 att and 5 def.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » May 8th, 2018, 7:33 am

god i love this site, the threadnomancy is insane!
seven years ago i posted this up! :P
i cant remember now to be honest, i think Sigvald is supposed to attack AND use a spell each turn? or was that the sequel?
Last edited by Tott on May 9th, 2018, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 8th, 2018, 9:04 am

The necromancy is the best about this site! :-) I recently read a zombithread and thought "Wow what kind of cool ideas are there" just to discover that i wrote exactly that on page 7. :D :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 9th, 2018, 9:40 am

Just read your quest pack.
It is amazingly well done, if we talk about the storyline! :-)

I will have to check for the monsters you employ, currently I think the quests are a little bit easy... well... I shall not say anything before I checked, really.

What is driving in Heroquest is exploration and Storyline. That's well done in your questpack.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 9th, 2018, 10:56 am

Tott wrote:god i love this site, the threadnomancy is insane!
seven years ago i posted this up! :P
i cant remember now to be honest, i think Sigvald is supposed to attack AND use a spell each turn? or was that the sequel?

I'm in Norway at the moment so I can't look at the quest, but I don't think he can do both. I thought he might struggle against 4 Heros, so allowing both cast and attack would help. When I get back Sigvald should be there so I will play the last quest with that rule.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » May 10th, 2018, 6:19 am

Anderas wrote:Just read your quest pack.
It is amazingly well done, if we talk about the storyline! :-)

I will have to check for the monsters you employ, currently I think the quests are a little bit easy... well... I shall not say anything before I checked, really.

What is driving in Heroquest is exploration and Storyline. That's well done in your questpack.

I think with this pack (and its 2 sequels) i was probably aiming for fairly quick quests, one of the things i didnt like about playing HQ when i was in school was that the homebrew quests ended up taking an hour per room (and the quest notes went up to X, Y & Z :p ) i wanted to do a quest where the story and plot was just as important rolling dice and you could get through a couple of the quests in a few hours to help the story flow, to give a real sense of narrative and to really make the boss a main character in the story. In the original HQ there were 'bosses' that just didnt stand out and often we had killed the 'orc warlord' and no-one noticed.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 14th, 2018, 8:34 am

Sigvald was awaiting collection on my return. An amazingly well painted figure. He looks very impressive....but HE wasn't. No fault of the design, he just rolled appallingly, while the Heroes rolled brilliantly. I allowed him to either make two attacks per turn with his sword (4 att dice), or make 1 attack and cast a spell. But he never rolled more then 2 skulls, often rolling nothing. Chaos Bolt was totally defended etc. Imperial Noble Deiter's first attack with his pistol rolled 4 skulls with 4 dice, and Sigvald rolled nothing with his 5 defence. And so it continued.

Hopefully when I play this for real with my brother he will perform better. I like the fact that he is still out there waiting to exact his revenge. We are playing a huge sweeping game with multiple groups playing multiple quests, so Deiter will meet him again at some stage in the future.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » May 15th, 2018, 5:53 am

he didnt wait long...

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=828