• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Single Quests] [14 Quests] - Chaos Unleashed

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Single Quests][14 Quests] Chaos Unleashed

Postby drathe » May 21st, 2009, 11:08 pm

YAY!!! It's finally ready! Take a look, download, print, play and enjoy!

Many great thanks to Phoenix for his tireless efforts in remastering these quests.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Single Quests] [14 Quests] - Chaos Unleashed

Postby The Admiral » March 20th, 2016, 12:00 pm

In Quest 7 - The Emperor's New Clother, Room B, What monsters are set up on a dice roll of 2? And on a roll of 1, does the EW player really have a choice between 2 or 3 Fimirs? Hmmm...I think I'll just have the two...what!

I'm thinking that this:
"1 - 6 Goblins and 2 or 3 Fimirs"

Should maybe read:
1 and 2 - 6 Goblins or 3 Fimirs

I think I will play this:
1 - 6 Goblins
2 - 3 Fimirs

I like the random approach though. It reminds me of AHQ. You will definitely want to roll a 3 rather than a 5!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 2nd, 2016, 9:35 pm

The Admiral wrote:In Quest 7 - The Emperor's New Clother, Room B, What monsters are set up on a dice roll of 2? And on a roll of 1, does the EW player really have a choice between 2 or 3 Fimirs? Hmmm...I think I'll just have the two...what!

I'm thinking that this:
"1 - 6 Goblins and 2 or 3 Fimirs"

Should maybe read:
1 and 2 - 6 Goblins or 3 Fimirs

I think I will play this:
1 - 6 Goblins
2 - 3 Fimirs

I like the random approach though. It reminds me of AHQ. You will definitely want to roll a 3 rather than a 5!

That appears to be a major misprint.
According to my original notes, it should read:
1 - 6 Goblins
2 - 3 Fimir
3 - 2 Skeletons, 1 Zombie, 1 Mummy
4 - 2 Orcs, 1 Ogre
5 - 4 Chaos Warriors
6 - 2 Ogres

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Quest 12, The Towers of Ice and Death

Postby The Admiral » January 18th, 2017, 6:33 am

For anyone playing this, I noticed that the initial notes are out of order. The initial italicized sentence should not have the 'A'. 'B' to 'E' should be 'A' to 'D'. The top right paragraph should be labelled 'E'. The rest is all correct.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 21st, 2017, 6:35 pm

I enjoyed Quest 10, Unholy Alliance. I have worked it into the Prequel for my Brother's Elf's upcoming Vengeance for Vengeance questpack. I was able to use my recently acquired Darkshards and Dreadspears from E-Bay. All nicely painted to a much better standard than I could ever achieve! I just substituted them for the Elven archers and Warriors.

Dark Elf Darkshard Mv 6, Att 3(1), Def 4, Bdy 3, Mnd 3.
Dark Elf Dreadspear Mv 6, Att 3d, Def 4, Bdy 3, Mnd 3.

They are both slightly weaker on attack, although the Dreadspear gets the versatility of the diagonal attack. This is more than compensated for by 2 extra defence dice (Chainmail and helmet) and the extra BP. The 6 movement is also now appropriate because of the heavy chainmail. I give my original archers/warriors 8 movement.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs