• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Postby gravaillon » February 21st, 2011, 2:39 pm

at work i have thinking about this quest pack... ;)
You all have asking some interesting questions, and a lot of answers too. :D
I WANT this quest pack !!! I want it... :twisted: And i have asking myself about the real nature of morcar...
What does he look like ? Where and how is he born ? What is his power ? etc....

Suddenly one big idea ! Morcar is not a real person ! He doesn't really exists... So, the heroes can't really kill him. :?
I explain it more clearly : Morcar is the game ! :bites-lip: Morcar is the boardgame, the dices we roll, the doors, the traps, the monsters... ect. Morcar is all of these things. Morcar is hazard, the randomized things that write the fate of the players. :roll:

So, he has no miniature to represent him. He can be represent by a dice, for example (it could look very strange !)
So, this quest pack will give to players, the real nature of Morcar, and make them understanding, that they never be abble to kill him. :lol:

What do you think about that ? Tell me ? Any suggestions? :D :D :D
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Ryno » February 21st, 2011, 4:45 pm

In reading the story in the instruction booklet and quest books, mentor describes zargon as a physical man having been his former apprentice who broke into his study to learn dark magic, etc.
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » February 22nd, 2011, 1:49 am

yes I have read that too... Morcar/Zargon is darth vader, the darkside power yoda master (oups, mentor master...etc.).
It could be the beginning, but he could have become so powerful that he has now, no human form.
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » February 22nd, 2011, 12:01 pm

Why would he have human ambition and care about human temporal matters then?

No - Morcar is a human; a very powerful one, but human nontheless.
Maybe a Lich; which is still tied to this vortal coil and human affairs.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 25th, 2011, 11:27 pm

el_flesh wrote:Why would he have human ambition and care about human temporal matters then?

No - Morcar is a human; a very powerful one, but human nontheless.
Maybe a Lich; which is still tied to this vortal coil and human affairs.

I doubt he is a lich. If so, we would be looking for his soul container instead of him.
I was thinking. If I actually make the final quest, and somehow the heroes defeat Zargon, I'll have them try to escape his keep, but they won't be able to. They will die, but together, knowing they saved the world; a happily ever after minus the welcome back party.
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jabie » April 3rd, 2011, 4:45 am

You might want to check out The Tears of Times Passed for another take on how to shift the focus from Morcar to Zargon.
Jabie

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby rule42 » May 17th, 2011, 1:34 pm

I have been working on a trilogy of this nature for a while. Building off of the history built in "The Tears of Times Past", I have Zargon taking over the Capitol City of the Empire and the Heroes must find a spellbook and an artifact in order to reduce his power sufficiently to have a traditional boss battle w/ him. With ToTP establishing that Zargon and Morcar are different people, I no longer felt weird about killing off the primary villian. So Zargon dies, we still have Morcar to worry about.

The first pack of the trilogy, "The Dark Alliance" has been posted here and I should be finishing the second, "The Hell Gate", in the next few weeks. I'd love to get feedback on the story, so check it out and let me know what you think. Note that I did design these to be played after all of the officially released quests and tears of times past, so the story relies on this info and they are quite challenging if your characters aren't built up.
rule42

Postby The Admiral » August 8th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Did "The Hell Gate" and the final part of the trilogy ever get published?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » August 8th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Yeah no kidding. You guys were on a roll with this idea, what happened. This would be so epic!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » August 9th, 2015, 3:27 am

I am a big fan of Morcar and Zargon being two persons. That would imply as well that there is somebody organizing them, otherwise they would fight each other, weakening themselves. This third person we did not yet discover, and this third person is representing the real evil wizard.

So kill Zargon epically, then kill Morcar epically, no problem.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs