• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Postby gravaillon » February 9th, 2011, 2:12 am

very good ideas guys ! Thanks for all this interest arround my subject... So, now that we have a starting point and more precision, why could all of us try to create just one quest with the ideas here. Just to precise all the things.

Together, we can do this hudge and epic quest pack ! Be sure of that... I believe in us... Keep on !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HeroQuestFrance » February 9th, 2011, 6:39 am

If you take the original quest book, you will read Morcar is a slave of the Chaos forces which are using him.
You can make him die into a pack of quests but you can continue the story, for instance a demon with a spectral appearance that escapes from his dead body ...
I will dig this idea.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 9th, 2011, 8:38 am

The real question is: who is the main villian? America's Zargon or Europe's Morcar? I know that the Time's Passed quest pack kinda ties the two but...I don't know.
But yes this should be a community yeoldenn project!
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » February 9th, 2011, 12:59 pm

mo123813 wrote:Check this out:
Zargon could actually get killed in a quest pack made specifically for him
and the first 3 quests could be of him training, his influence on leaving, then his battle with mentor and his escape. Then there could be a quest of him directing his army. and the rest would be for the heroes.
But when he dies, Zargon's spirit will take on a new host: his apprentice in hiding: Morcar!

I like the going back to the beginning where Morcar/Zargon is training idea. He has to go through various trials and such to obtain greater powers.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 9th, 2011, 6:40 pm

It would be awesome to play as this mad-powerful wizard!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby ken » February 10th, 2011, 4:25 am

drathe wrote:I once designed a mini Quest Pack called Castle of Chaos where the Heroes finally confront Zargon. He does however escape before a final defeat. Allowing the adventures to continue.

It has never been publicly released. Not good enough. If I have time to rewrite/rework it in future, it may see the light of day.

Surely this must be the way to go. Zargon/Morcar is the heart & soul of HQ. With him gone, who will replace him :?: :?: Mr Monopoly, Tony Soprano :?: :?: Maybe its time to move on to Trivial Pursuits :?: :?: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » February 10th, 2011, 8:57 am

I have the idea of giving some evil heroes to the game master. He will play morcar himself ! like the players play the dwarf, the elf and the barbarian. He can destroy doors, put some traps, create monsters and others things. He can find some equipment too... etc. Of course he can have also some big boss under his orders who can level up too.

Why just thinking that killing morcar means that it will be the end of HQ. I don't want that. It's just a new begining. So the challenge of finding a new ennemi to the heroes is very hard, but it's very interesting too. Reign of morcar has been too long... We must kill him !!!! How about Mentor ? He can be a traitor... Or the Emperor himself... Or one of the Hero... But first, thinking about the begining of the story is my priority.
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » February 10th, 2011, 11:27 am

In the final fight against Zarquon, when he at zero body, he casts a spell that knocks all the heroes to the ground - he is abut to destroy them; when Mental arrives!
"There is only one way to destroy MY EVIL TWIN!" and he merges with him like in Tron Legacy or something, killing them both!

So now we have the heroes, badly weakened, who must now fight their way out of the maze, make it to a town to rest, and, so far as they know, have to contend with mopping up what is left.

Only, evil breeds ambition, and the servants of Zarquon now fight and squabble amongst themselves for power! Until a new enemy arises from the choas of civil war.... to start war unceasing on the humans!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » February 10th, 2011, 12:01 pm

el_flesh wrote:In the final fight against Zarquon, when he at zero body, he casts a spell that knocks all the heroes to the ground - he is abut to destroy them; when Mental arrives!
"There is only one way to destroy MY EVIL TWIN!" and he merges with him like in Tron Legacy or something, killing them both!

So now we have the heroes, badly weakened, who must now fight their way out of the maze, make it to a town to rest, and, so far as they know, have to contend with mopping up what is left.

Only, evil breeds ambition, and the servants of Zarquon now fight and squabble amongst themselves for power! Until a new enemy arises from the choas of civil war.... to start war unceasing on the humans!

Incredible ! Marvellous ! Fantastic ! Hurray !
Very very good idea... I valid !
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mo123813 » February 10th, 2011, 7:29 pm

el_flesh wrote:In the final fight against Zarquon, when he at zero body, he casts a spell that knocks all the heroes to the ground - he is abut to destroy them; when Mental arrives!

Sounds like Dragon Age Origins: Awakening. A darkspawn that has the ability to speak tries to bring all the darkspawn back together. Its a good idea.

gravaillon wrote:I have the idea of giving some evil heroes to the game master. He will play morcar himself ! like the players play the dwarf, the elf and the barbarian. He can destroy doors, put some traps, create monsters and others things. He can find some equipment too... etc. Of course he can have also some big boss under his orders who can level up too.

This reminds me of Descent; the Avatars. Ive been thinking about adding them to heroquest. It also sounds like Tomb's avatars as well.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

PreviousNext