• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Solo Quest Pack Complete

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Solo Quest Pack Complete

Postby Decipher » January 29th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Trying to keep balance for all 4 Heroes is a tough challenge when it comes to going solo. But I tried to keep the combat as fair as possible for the three fighters while not making it too difficult for a solo Wizard. Can the Wizard pull it off? I believe with the rule change of him being able to use ALL of the spell cards, he might stand a chance. In addition, there are four new artifacts that will help each Hero no matter which one the player chooses. Sorry European guys and gals, its just too much work to do two different sets when it comes to cards and quests.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b517yqo4i ... k.pdf/file

300 dpi high quality print.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Solo Quest Pack Complete

Postby lestodante » January 29th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Interesting! Seems solo quests and Fimir practicing magic are in trends these days!
I only don't agree with 3rd quest because the room with the equipment is exactily adjacent to the one when the hero is prisoned. Making the Hero explore th edungeon for a a couple of rooms with no equipment will add some spice I think!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » January 29th, 2020, 6:03 pm

A solo quest is a good way in my opinion to introduce a new player to HQ or when you're at your granny's house with your cousin but there is nothing to do or something along those lines. If it were a regular 4 player game, sure, have the Heroes explore to find their equipment, but solo? Too dangerous. Besides, what if you get out of the cell, do a search only to draw a wondering monster?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 29th, 2020, 6:10 pm

I use the rule that a Hero with no weapon can fight with his standard dice but he needs to roll black shields to attack and defend.
After he kills a monster he can take its weapon and use it as a standard shortsword/axe.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » January 29th, 2020, 6:26 pm

lestodante wrote:I use the rule that a Hero with no weapon can fight with his standard dice but he needs to roll black shields to attack and defend.
After he kills a monster he can take its weapon and use it as a standard shortsword/axe.

That's actually pretty sweet rule. Never thought to do something like that. I usually strip them down to basics, 1 combat dice for attacks and defense.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Drew » January 29th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Nice work dude!
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby Decipher » January 29th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Drew wrote:Nice work dude!

Thank you. Actually working on some other stuff too.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » January 31st, 2020, 1:07 am

That's a nice little quest pack. I have to test it very soon! :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » February 3rd, 2020, 12:10 pm

This is very cool! Thank you!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » February 3rd, 2020, 3:12 pm

Thanks all, everyone is welcome.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs