• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Solo quest][Wizard] The Magic Trial

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Solo quest][Wizard] The Magic Trial

Postby lestodante » September 6th, 2019, 8:26 am

I would just change the layout because you used the European map and the NA notes.
When you create a map with heroscribe there is an option that allows you to select wich layout you wish to use.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Drew » September 6th, 2019, 12:44 pm

lestodante wrote:I would just change the layout because you used the European map and the NA notes.
When you create a map with heroscribe there is an option that allows you to select wich layout you wish to use.

Im aware I just dont care xD. to be honest im an EU player, and the Photoshop template I have is for US despite I still make everything I can EU style.

ClemGrt wrote:Very good job. Could you just please modify the title so that people know it is a different version from mine. Thanks

Will do if there is a next update :). Tried to make it clear in my comment so people dont get confused.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby The Admiral » September 9th, 2019, 4:25 am

Drew, I think your quest could be easily adapted for starting off a new group of Heroes. The Heroes the wizard meets join up with him as he finds them until there is a full team.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ClemGrt » September 9th, 2019, 5:08 am

Yet it would require other players to wait before playing...
Reviving Heroquest project
https://revivingheroquest.blogspot.com/

Blog about aeronautic simulation
Multisim Project

Android apps :
Dices for Perudo
Multi Dice Roller

Ambient music
Memorial

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/memorial76/

Computer config:
ASUS GAMING NOTEBOOK
CPU Intel I7-6700HQ/BGA, RAM: 2*4Go DDR
Carte Graphique: NVidia GEFORCE GTX 960M
ClemGrt

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: Français
Hero:

Postby The Admiral » September 9th, 2019, 5:55 am

ClemGrt wrote:Yet it would require other players to wait before playing...

Yes, but not too long. It is not a huge quest and there are not many monsters. If an experienced player is introducing new players, he/she can play the wizard, and the others can watch and learn for the short period until they are found. On completion the group could then go on to play something like Rescue of Sir Ragnar.

It's just an idea for a slightly different intro.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Yes, you have to date your wizard about 1 hour or 30 minutes before the other players, so he can start his training avoiding other heroes to wait.
If you follow The Admiral suggestion and make other playesr involved into the game as soon as their charcater is discovered through the quest I am afraid they could interfere with the use of magic and the wizard's training.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » September 9th, 2019, 5:30 pm

lestodante wrote:Yes, you have to date your wizard about 1 hour or 30 minutes before the other players, so he can start his training avoiding other heroes to wait.
If you follow The Admiral suggestion and make other playesr involved into the game as soon as their charcater is discovered through the quest I am afraid they could interfere with the use of magic and the wizard's training.

It should be okay. He starts with the water spells, then finds the earth spells that cannot be used by the Barbarian. I would play that the Elf has the air spells I.e. no teaching the wizard. Finally the wizard gets the fire spells, which again can't be used by anyone else.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » September 10th, 2019, 5:56 am

The Admiral wrote:It should be okay. He starts with the water spells, then finds the earth spells that cannot be used by the Barbarian. I would play that the Elf has the air spells I.e. no teaching the wizard. Finally the wizard gets the fire spells, which again can't be used by anyone else.

What he means, I think, is that the other Heroes can mess up the situations that you so carefully tailored towards the use of a specific spell. They could simply hack away at a monster and kill it, so the Wizard wouldn't have to use a spell to bypass a certain situation.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 10th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Just as Maurice sayd!

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Drew » September 10th, 2019, 11:26 pm

to be honest Im not really fan of the idea of turning it into a group quest. Def not going to that direction.
As people suggested before other heroes interfearing might confuse things.
Id suggest you playtest the solo version and see for yourself :)
Its a fun quest, I tested it and its perfect for a BEGINNER Wizard.
My Wizard had played some group quests before and last week came for his first solo and we did The Magic Trial.
Whereas in previous quests he just died and was a bad player, not using spells a lot, going first in rooms, not playing clever at all.
After just this quest he is very much improved and he finally uses spells properly at least.
The quest really makes the Wizard think and teaches him the right way to play the Wizard, so I thing it should be all about him.

Of course Im open to other suggestions :)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs