• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] Vol 3 of Nicodemus' Trilogy - Rogue Wizardry

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Preview] Vol 3 of Nicodemus' Trilogy - Rogue Wizardry

Postby The Admiral » July 23rd, 2019, 7:31 am

Wow!

Our original party of 4 Heroes split up a long time ago and each has been leading their own parties ever since. My brother is constantly pestering me to reunite the 4 main Heroes (all now very powerful), and I keep telling him I will do so when all the quests have been played and then they will join for one final quest to Kill Zargon. I had no idea what that quest would be, or how I would design it if necessary.

Well now I will have that quest!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » July 23rd, 2019, 7:14 pm

Wow...just wow!!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 24th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Those look pretty sweet indeed.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » July 25th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Decipher wrote:Those look pretty sweet indeed.

Solo Quest Pack?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nicodemus » July 25th, 2019, 5:24 pm

The Admiral wrote:Solo Quest Pack?

Are you asking if it's solo for the Wizard or another Hero? If-so, no... however Chapter 1 doesn't have the Wizard, except the last couple of rooms of the final Quest... so the Wizard Player is supposed to take over the role of another spell casting character that joins the party temporarily. Chapter 2 is ONLY for the Wizard, but the other players who would normally assume the role of the Barbarian, Dwarf and Elf are to assume the role of Men-at-Arms troops that accompany the Wizard. Not quite as much fun for those players, perhaps, but there's not much treasure to get in those Quests and they're all fairly short... mostly just to drive the story forward to get everyone up-to-speed for the start of Chapter 3 |_P

Rewards:
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » July 26th, 2019, 5:16 am

No, sorry. It was a hint to Decipher as to whether he had completed his Solo Quest Pack project.

As there are only two of us playing, quests with only one Hero are no problem, and we enjoy them for their change of pace and perspective.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » August 27th, 2019, 4:08 am

The idea of flying to Morcar's castle in the sky is really cool, and I love the final act of the trilogy with the comet.

Would it be OK to use your Celestial spells and adapt them for my own quests/Heroes?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Nicodemus » September 13th, 2019, 4:13 am

Sure, they're up for use by anyone. Bit OP though, so take with a pinch of salt

Rewards:
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Question re Destruction of the Tomes

Postby The Admiral » October 30th, 2019, 6:04 am

1) When a Hero chooses to go through a Trap Door, Special Passage or Tunnel, does their turn end after that movement, or can they still continue moving and perform an action if they haven't yet done so?
2) Do Teleport squares work in exactly the same way as the above features, the only difference being that you have to find them first?
3) I assume monsters can only use the teleport squares once they have been discovered by the Heroes, not before?
4) In room J of Quest 2, what should be in the two chests? I see that even empty chests have been noted as such in other quests.
5) In Quest 4 there are two doors shaded orange to indicate they are trapped, but there are no notes as to their effects?
6) From Interlude 1 onward the Wizard has -1 to his MP and Movement due to his possession of the Master Chaos Tome. However, the same tome allows him to teleport 10 spaces instead of moving, which I have found he does every time he moves. Does the -1 also apply to the Teleport move? If not it will be pointless.
7) With the Magic quarrel I assume that the target monster does not get to defend? 1 Auto BP is not great when a crossbow could inflict 3BP's normally. As a Magic Dagger inflicts 1 auto BP, I would suggest the Magic Quarrel inflicts 3 Auto BP?

Playtesting of this has begun!

I have noticed a discrepancy with the the geography. The monastery in Quests 2/3 is set in the SE corner of the Empire. This would place it near the intersection of the Black Mnts, Grey Mnts and The Vaults. In Quest 4 the party then journeys NW past Remas and north along the coast to the Blighted Marshes. To travel on that path the journey would have to start in the Apuccini Mnts in Tilea to the SE of Remas. From the SE empire the journey would be west to the Blighted Marshes and would go nowhere near Remas. They would travel west along the coast past Miragliano. This is obviously a minor point that doesn't affect play at all, but a Heroquest world :ugeek: (like me) would spot it.

The Journey on after Quest 4 from the Blighted Marshes to the Blood River (Quest 5) going through the Vaults and then across the Border Princess fits perfectly.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 4th, 2019, 1:10 pm

My Wizard's party seem to be in a spot of bother around their camp fire! Set up for Interlude 1 (TDOTT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs