• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A Gelatinous Adveture: A single group quest (CHECK IT OUT!)

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

A Gelatinous Adveture: A single group quest (CHECK IT OUT!)

Postby mo123813 » July 15th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Hi everyone! I just finished a quest, and I'd like to hear some feedback. Feel free to use the quest if you'd like.
Note:The cube takes up 4 spaces!
I bought a D&D starter pack for myself, not knowing how many great ideas was inside it. It came with everything, from hero and monster tokens, to a mini monster manual filled with GREAT monster ideas. I was very fascinated with the Gelatinous Cube monster token, so I looked it up in the book and BOY, is it a tough opponent! I thought to myself, "why not add it to heroquest?" And bam, A Gelatinous Adventure was born! Please let me know what you think!

Now, I will say this. It is a very, very tough monster. Overpowered...I dont think so. I played this quest yesterday with my party and even though it was mad tough, they beat it. It was a heaven sent challenge for them. It's a kind of quest for heroes who have gotten crazy strong over the years, and are ready for a real challenge.
If you don't have a Gelatinous Cube mini, try a rubber green ball with weak tape under it so it will stay still, and the tape wont tear up your game board. Sure it's not a cube, but it works.
Another thing you could do is use a small container (and I mean small; the ones that would hold rice or sauces) take the top off, and flip it upside down. The blob takes up 4 spaces, so that should work, too.

gelatinous cube.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: A Gelatinous Adveture: A single group quest (CHECK IT OU

Postby el_flesh » July 15th, 2010, 8:58 pm

don't know anything about it.
so as a necromancer, i would want to try and burn it. or freeze it. or electrocute it. failing that, I would then try to trap it inside a room and lock it in there.
Best thing is to toss it INTO the dwarf forg. Then it will burn the eff up.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: A Gelatinous Adveture: A single group quest (CHECK IT OU

Postby Ethica » July 16th, 2010, 1:03 pm

Personally I was never fond of the gelatinous cube.

To me it doesn't make sense that a trapped hero being hurt by the acid should be a matter of chance. That being said, I think you have the odds related to this peril just about spot on. It makes it something that you would be fearful of, but if it does happen it won't necessarily kill you the first time. However, I wonder if lack of oxygen might be a more critical factor while trapped in the cube?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs