• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Council

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Council

Postby j_dean80 » Tuesday January 9th, 2018 7:55pm

Re-make of Wizards of Morcar into a Barbarian Quest Pack/Elf Quest Pack style.

3 Wizard solo Quests
5 group Quests
1 double Quest

Extra stuff required is listed in the Pack Notes section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrt76t3ncr02m ... l.pdf?dl=0
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby j_dean80 » Saturday January 13th, 2018 11:22pm

I uploaded the Monster Cards to the Gallery if anyone is interested in them.
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby Daedalus » Monday February 19th, 2018 5:49am

Can you link them?

Great Quest Pack, by the way!
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 3138
Images: 14
Joined: Monday May 9th, 2011 2:31pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby j_dean80 » Monday February 19th, 2018 6:14pm

Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday February 27th, 2018 8:27pm

The cards are looking quite good. While I appreciate the inclusion of special ability mechanics on the card (more useful than those done in the BQP), the text feels a bit crowded. It's an opinion, but I think the longer ones could stand to be pared down.

Spirit: Mv: 10, At: 3, De: 0, BP: 1, MP:0
Can move through (but not end on)
walls and furniture. Cannot be affected
by spells. A Spirit vanishes when killed.
Death Reaper:
A Hero hit by a Death Reaper must roll a
combat die. If he rolls a black shield, he
is frozen--unable to act or move--until he
can roll a white shield on a future turn.
Skaven:
Wields a sling. Roll one combat die as a
ranged attack against non-adjacent
targets. Roll two combat dice against
adjacent opponents.
Skaven Gray Seer:
Casts spells.
Skaven White Seer:
At the beginning of Zargon's turn, a
White Seer may take one spell at random
from any Hero in line of sight. The Seer
may cast the spell immediately or save it .
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 3138
Images: 14
Joined: Monday May 9th, 2011 2:31pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby j_dean80 » Tuesday February 27th, 2018 8:58pm

Daedalus wrote:The cards are looking quite good. While I appreciate the inclusion of special ability mechanics on the card (more useful than those done in the BQP), the text feels a bit crowded. It's an opinion, but I think the longer ones could stand to be pared down.

Spirit: Mv: 10, At: 3, De: 0, BP: 1, MP:0
Can move through (but not end on)
walls and furniture. Cannot be affected
by spells. A Spirit vanishes when killed.
Death Reaper:
A Hero hit by a Death Reaper must roll a
combat die. If he rolls a black shield, he
is frozen--unable to act or move--until he
can roll a white shield on a future turn.
Skaven:
Wields a sling. Roll one combat die as a
ranged attack against non-adjacent
targets. Roll two combat dice against
adjacent opponents.
Skaven Gray Seer:
Casts spells.
Skaven White Seer:
At the beginning of Zargon's turn, a
White Seer may take one spell at random
from any Hero in line of sight. The Seer
may cast the spell immediately or save it .


Thanks for feedback but I kind of prefer them how they are. I'm not against anyone creating their own though. Same goes for modifying the whole Pack if they wish.
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Thursday March 8th, 2018 12:32pm

I went in and added Lair of the Orc Shaman as Quest 11 to my Kellar's Keep Quest Book file and decided to edit the Conclusion a bit to flow into it. Quest 10 is Grin's Crag which leads directly into the Conclusion story about the battle in Kellar's Keep and the army's escape through the passage that you've just opened. So the Conclusion needed to remain before the Orc Shaman quest but it needed a little something to flow into that Quest.

I removed the last paragraph and in it's place put this:

However, the day is not yet won. As the army makes their way back through the now-familiar halls of Karak Varn to light and safety, Sir Ragnar takes you aside and tells you of Grawshak, an Orc Shaman who assisted Zargon in the assault, bringing with him soldiers from the Northern Tribes. This sorcerer helped Zargon in his plan and stood by his side through most of the battle, though was noticeably absent in the final wave. His lair is just outside the Great Gate hidden among the hills on the outskirts of the World's Edge Mountains. Sir Ragnar draws you a map and bids you to take some men and go there to defeat Grawshak, delivering a mortal blow to the greenskin army.


This leads directly into the Lair of the Orc Shaman quest. I wanted to add Sir Ragnar to bring him back into the story. In my story, Zargon has instructed him to point the Heroes to Grawshak in the hopes of quietly getting rid of them. Ragnar tells the Heroes about this away from the Emperor and others so he has plausible deniability if they were to meet a horrible end as maybe the Heroes just took it upon themselves to go there.

After that quest I put a slightly reworded version of the last paragraph of the Conclusion to lead into Return of the Witch Lord:

"You have done well, brave Heroes. The Emperor has asked me to express his gratitude. Each of you will receive 500 Gold Crowns for your efforts. But do not let victory deceive you. A dark cloud still hangs over the Empire as the forces of Chaos grow stronger. Do not forget that the Witch Lord lives again. For now, though, rest well my friends. Once I have consulted Loretome, I shall summon you. Together we will find ways to delay Zargon's advance."


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wednesday July 26th, 2017 7:12am
Location: North Carolina, US
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby j_dean80 » Thursday March 8th, 2018 4:40pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:I went in and added Lair of the Orc Shaman as Quest 11 to my Kellar's Keep Quest Book file and decided to edit the Conclusion a bit to flow into it. Quest 10 is Grin's Crag which leads directly into the Conclusion story about the battle in Kellar's Keep and the army's escape through the passage that you've just opened. So the Conclusion needed to remain before the Orc Shaman quest but it needed a little something to flow into that Quest.

I removed the last paragraph and in it's place put this:

However, the day is not yet won. As the army makes their way back through the now-familiar halls of Karak Varn to light and safety, Sir Ragnar takes you aside and tells you of Grawshak, an Orc Shaman who assisted Zargon in the assault, bringing with him soldiers from the Northern Tribes. This sorcerer helped Zargon in his plan and stood by his side through most of the battle, though was noticeably absent in the final wave. His lair is just outside the Great Gate hidden among the hills on the outskirts of the World's Edge Mountains. Sir Ragnar draws you a map and bids you to take some men and go there to defeat Grawshak, delivering a mortal blow to the greenskin army.


This leads directly into the Lair of the Orc Shaman quest. I wanted to add Sir Ragnar to bring him back into the story. In my story, Zargon has instructed him to point the Heroes to Grawshak in the hopes of quietly getting rid of them. Ragnar tells the Heroes about this away from the Emperor and others so he has plausible deniability if they were to meet a horrible end as maybe the Heroes just took it upon themselves to go there.

After that quest I put a slightly reworded version of the last paragraph of the Conclusion to lead into Return of the Witch Lord:

"You have done well, brave Heroes. The Emperor has asked me to express his gratitude. Each of you will receive 500 Gold Crowns for your efforts. But do not let victory deceive you. A dark cloud still hangs over the Empire as the forces of Chaos grow stronger. Do not forget that the Witch Lord lives again. For now, though, rest well my friends. Once I have consulted Loretome, I shall summon you. Together we will find ways to delay Zargon's advance."


So you have Sir Ragnar as evil now?
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Thursday March 8th, 2018 5:06pm

It's based off the Epilogue to the EU version of Return of the Witch Lord where it says that Skulmar has escaped with the help of Sir Ragnar who has been corrupted by Chaos. It says that you'll have to confront Skulmar soon but that Sir Ragnar was captured and executed.

It's weird that they brought up this turn and killed him off all in a couple sentences in an epilogue and that the Heroes didn't get to see it at all or interact with him, but it's cannon enough for me to have him be evil.

I'm playing the long game with him being the the one who tells Grak where to find the Heroes to kidnap them in Legacy of the Orc Warlord (I'll have the Heroes discover a charred note on Imperial parchment detailing the Heroes' locations), Ragnar pointing them in the direction of Grawshak at the end of Kellar's Keep, and I'll go from there maybe weaving him in to more stories before revealing him as a traitor and having the Heroes confront him in some future Quest.


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wednesday July 26th, 2017 7:12am
Location: North Carolina, US
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Wizard Pack][10 Quests] - Summons of the Wizards' Counc

Postby j_dean80 » Thursday March 8th, 2018 8:27pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:It's based off the Epilogue to the EU version of Return of the Witch Lord where it says that Skulmar has escaped with the help of Sir Ragnar who has been corrupted by Chaos. It says that you'll have to confront Skulmar soon but that Sir Ragnar was captured and executed.

It's weird that they brought up this turn and killed him off all in a couple sentences in an epilogue and that the Heroes didn't get to see it at all or interact with him, but it's cannon enough for me to have him be evil.

I'm playing the long game with him being the the one who tells Grak where to find the Heroes to kidnap them in Legacy of the Orc Warlord (I'll have the Heroes discover a charred note on Imperial parchment detailing the Heroes' locations), Ragnar pointing them in the direction of Grawshak at the end of Kellar's Keep, and I'll go from there maybe weaving him in to more stories before revealing him as a traitor and having the Heroes confront him in some future Quest.


Never read that before. Strange difference from the NA version.

Another option I was going to say is Hinsgrim. Kind of a prelude to the story in Dark Company.
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 822
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest