[Group Quest] - Quagmire

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Group Quest] - Quagmire

Postby whitebeard » Friday October 20th, 2017 9:31pm

A quest inspired by the 1st edition D&D Adventure, "Quagmire."

12_Quagmire.pdf

This is Quest 12 in the DungeonsDark Quest Pack http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3223, but completely stand alone if you substitute for the treasure table references.

[Heroes playing this Quest should have finished the first 14 Quests of the game system or be equipped similarly. -edit]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Daedalus on Saturday February 17th, 2018 4:42am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Formatting

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Quagmire

Postby Daedalus » Friday February 16th, 2018 5:17am

This adaptation works great as a timed Quest! I love the spiral down design. Those poisoned spears are also cool. I have a couple of suggestions.

First, I think it would be helpful to mark sinking/sunk rooms with skull tiles as a visual reminder when a black shield is rolled. They would also help track turns of flooding when applicable.

Second, I think the Hero attacking the elemental with the wand should need to roll a combat die to strike the heart.

Finally, I didn't see this Quest in the DungeonsDark download yet.
[Found it later in the thread. -edit]
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs