• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Lost Bretonnian Armoury

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Lost Bretonnian Armoury

Postby Gold Bearer » August 14th, 2017, 5:01 am

I've written the campaign rules and first three quests for the Bretonnian armoury, viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3922. Fourth quest is half done. I haven't written the fluff yet but that's not of great importance.ImageImageImageImageImage

[This Quest Pack is intended for a group of Heroes with starting equipment.

Additional components needed: 1-2 Chaos Demon Warriors*, 1-2 Chaos Dimension Warriors*, 1 Chaos Priest**, 1-2 Chaos Spirits*, +0-2 Goblins, +3 Fimirs, +0-1 Gargoyles, 1 Goblin Shaman, 1 High Mage**, 1 Mancer**, Men-at-Arms (1 Battle Wizard, 1+ Crossbowmen, 1+ Halberdiers, 1+ Scouts, 1+ Swordsmen), +4 Mummies, 1 Ogre Champion, 1 Ogre Chieftain, 2-3 Ogre Warriors, 1 Orc Shaman, 1 Necromancer**, 1 Nurgle Sorcerer**, +8 Skeletons, 1-2 Spectral Chaos Beings*, 1 Storm Master**, 1 Tzeentch Sorcerer**, 1-3 Wolves***, +4-6 Zombies
* use Chaos Warriors if unavailable
** use the Chaos Sorcerer if unavailable
*** use Fimirs if unavailable
battle room tile (from AtOH), +15 blocked square tiles, carpet room tile (from AtOH), +1-3/33 closed and +17 open doors, 1 closed and 1 open double-door (from Ye Olde Inn), 4 coffins (from RotWL), +1 double blocked square tile, +22-34 falling block tiles, 1 giant stone boulder (from KK), 1 iron entrance door (from FH, KK, MotM, or RotWL), 3 fireburst trap tiles (from WoM), 1 long pit trap tile (from MotM), 2 long and 4 short stairway tiles (from KK), 4 magic ice tiles (from FH), 1 Ogre throne (from AtOH), 2 pit of darkness tiles (from AtOH), 2 portcullises (from MotM), +1 stairs tile, 18 stone doors (from AtOH), sun-eye room tile (from AtOH), throne room tile (from RotWL), 2 trap door tiles (from KK, MotM, RotWL), weapons forge tile (from KK)
Artifact Cards: 3 Magical Throwing Daggers (from KK or RotWL)
Quest Treasure Cards: Axe of Defiance, Axe of Fortitude, Executioner, Hammer of Flight, Heart Finder Axe, Infernus, Opal Blade, Power Sword, Spear of Return, Sword of Deliverance, Sword of Resilience (from Lost Bretonnian Armoury)
Chaos Spell Cards: (all spells from NA GS); Mind Blast, Reanimation, Restore Chaos, Summon Wolves, Werewolf's Curse (from MotM); (all spells from FH)
Chaos Spell Tokens: x5 Dominate, x5 Mind Blast, x5 Mind Lock (from AtOH)
Elf Spell Cards (from MotM)
Wizard Spell Cards: Darkness spells, Future Sight, Protection spells (from WoM)
High Mage, Necromancer, Orc Shaman, and Storm Master Spell Cards (from WoM)
Equipment Cards (from the EU GS)
Battle Wizard Cards (from this thread)
Men-at-Arms Cards (from WoM) or Mercenary Cards (from FH)
Treasure Cards: x2-3 Holy Water (from EU GS); Potion of Alchemy (from WoM)
Chaos Spell Scroll Cards# (from ?)
Combined Spell Scroll Cards# (from ?)
Elf Spell Scroll Cards# (from ?)
Spell Scroll Cards (from KK and RotWL)
Talisman Scroll Spell Cards# (optional, from ?)
# or from Spell Scroll table -edit]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gold Bearer on October 3rd, 2017, 7:54 am, edited 19 times in total.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lost Bretonnian Armoury

Postby knightkrawler » August 14th, 2017, 11:45 am

No images to be seen.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » August 15th, 2017, 4:48 am

Hmm, okay now :?:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » August 15th, 2017, 6:18 am

Read the special rules and I like them.
I take it when you say "you can't interrupt the turns of individual monsters",
you consider the hero's defense roll part of the monster's turn (which it is), as in what you said about the Potion of Retribution, right?

You should clarify the Champion entries for the Elf and the Wizard.
"Gets..." - does this mean, for the Elf, that he gets his usual three spells PLUS four random Elf spells OR do these four spells replace the three he had before?
In the latter case, the wording is very ambiguous as it is analogous to the Wizard's "Gets..."
In the Wizard's case it is a little bit clearer, but still ambiguous, that you intend to ADD these spells to the three sets he has before.

If these spells are added, you need to reword, if they replace the regular spells, you also need to reword,
because in the Legend entries, the listing with "Gets..." does replace the old state.

I do like the advancement rules. Contrary to general taste, to count the black shield as a different symbol makes mechanic sense as it is easy to handle,
especially if there is gradual change of "meaning" (like from Champion to Legend).
The heroes get potentially very powerful, which makes it possible to write very difficult quests for them,
but the dice symbol solution still retains a high luck factor.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » August 15th, 2017, 10:31 am

knightkrawler wrote:Read the special rules and I like them.
I take it when you say "you can't interrupt the turns of individual monsters",
you consider the hero's defense roll part of the monster's turn (which it is), as in what you said about the Potion of Retribution, right?
Exactly.

knightkrawler wrote:You should clarify the Champion entries for the Elf and the Wizard.
"Gets..." - does this mean, for the Elf, that he gets his usual three spells PLUS four random Elf spells OR do these four spells replace the three he had before?
In the latter case, the wording is very ambiguous as it is analogous to the Wizard's "Gets..."
In the Wizard's case it is a little bit clearer, but still ambiguous, that you intend to ADD these spells to the three sets he has before.
They're additional, I don't like replacing stuff with advancement. It means the elf ends up with 14 spells and the wizard gets 18 and can combine them. I'll be using some tough monsters later to compensate.

knightkrawler wrote:If these spells are added, you need to reword, if they replace the regular spells, you also need to reword,
because in the Legend entries, the listing with "Gets..." does replace the old state.
Yea I will in the next update. I also need to add that the starting men-at-arms should be replaced by a healing potion each if you don't have the minis.

knightkrawler wrote:I do like the advancement rules. Contrary to general taste, to count the black shield as a different symbol makes mechanic sense as it is easy to handle,
especially if there is gradual change of "meaning" (like from Champion to Legend).
The heroes get potentially very powerful, which makes it possible to write very difficult quests for them,
but the dice symbol solution still retains a high luck factor.
That's the idea. Barbarian legend with the quartz blade counts black shields as five skulls. :)

I've updated the rules to close a few holes and added a long sword. I've also written the ending fluff.

:elf: I'm sorry but we couldn't find Infernus or the axe of defiance or the sword or deliverance or the executioner or the opal blade.
:wizard: *sniff*spear*cough*
:elf: ...or that spear you were after. We looked... EVERYWHERE!" :|
:wizard: :bites-lip:
:dwarf: :bites-lip:
:barbarian: Bu...
:dwarf: *stamp*
:barbarian: Owe!

King: That's not what Mentor told us.

:wizard: Ah you can't take what he says too seriously your majesty, senile you know, has been for a while now. Don't tell anyone though, we're trying to keep it on the down low.
:barbarian: That really hurt. What you do that for?
:elf: Okay, it was nice to see you majesty, we'll be off now.
:dwarf: Bye then.

King: Wait! Don't you want your reward?

:elf: Ah, yes, silly us.

King: This is my personal wizard, Nilrem. He has a truth spell!

:elf: :shock:
:wizard: :shock:
:dwarf: :shock:
:barbarian: :) Hello.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » August 19th, 2017, 12:06 pm

For the most part I like it.
My only issue is that you have Wight's with listed Mind Points above a 0...in classic fantasy and RPG's a Wight is a mindless undead that feeds on flesh and life force. Just a more powerful zombie really.

But that is such a minor thing when we look at the totality of your work here.

Good job.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » August 21st, 2017, 5:03 am

cynthialee wrote:For the most part I like it.
My only issue is that you have Wight's with listed Mind Points above a 0...in classic fantasy and RPG's a Wight is a mindless undead that feeds on flesh and life force. Just a more powerful zombie really.

But that is such a minor thing when we look at the totality of your work here.

Good job.
Thanks. I'm using the WH type wights, they're intelligent and powerful skeletons with special swords. I didn't know there was another uber-zombie type for a long time after playing WH so that's how I always think of them. Maybe I'll rename them.

Edit:
Reavers! :)

I upgraded the elven bow to attack with three dice, elf bows should be awesome and the dwarf has better armour so it's only fair.
Last edited by Gold Bearer on August 25th, 2017, 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » August 21st, 2017, 12:05 pm

Reavers is a great name.
I have seen it here and there in fantasy and there has never been much use of the name and no consensus of what it means.

Dictionary.com defines it as thus:

n.
Old English reafere "plundering forager," agent noun from reafian (see reave (v.)). Cf. Old Frisian ravere, Middle Dutch rover, Dutch roover, Old High German roubari, German Räuber.

Plundering Forager is the translation of the origin word.
Works rather well and it doesn't throw old school Dungeons and Dragons players like myself off.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » August 21st, 2017, 12:50 pm

I use Reaver for my Mummy replacements, heavily armored and armed Skeletons (stats of a Mummy).

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » August 22nd, 2017, 10:12 am

I did look at that when you first posted it, might have been in the back of my mind. Also because it sounds like reaper so it really suits them, reaver blade sounds nice a well.

I'll hopefully post the fourth quest tomorrow.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs