• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Group Quest] - Defend the King

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Group Quest] - Defend the King

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday September 9th, 2017 10:06am

An easy mini quest pack is in order in those situations. Yea, kids are a nightmare. At least they don't wait for high movement rolls to open a door or hang by the door shooting in so only one can be attacked. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday September 9th, 2017 10:07am

j_dean80 wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Keep track of BP cause the Heroes can and do sometimes die. The EWP's job is to keep the game flowing and fun. Make it tough on the Heroes, force them to use Healing Potions and Spells wisely. Anyone could just kill off all the Heroes, that is easy. Make a Quest with all Chaos Warriors and Gargoyles. Throw in some Chaos Sorcerers for good measure. That'll do the trick. Play the game and kill off every Hero every session. See how long they want to continue playing. I never said go easy on them and let them win. I just said the goal of the EWP should not be to kill off all the Heroes.
You misunderstand, I don't mean it's EWP's job to kill the heroes when designing a quest, of course not. The idea is to create quests that the EWP can play to the best of their ability making it challenging but easily doable for the heroes. When I'm playing as a hero the last thing I want is to play against an EWP who isn't even trying to win, what's the point? I wouldn't waste my time playing, can't even call it playing, being told a very boring and slow story. It's a game.

cynthialee wrote:It is the EWP job to present a fair and winnable dungeon, but to also do their best to stomp the heroes into the ground if the opportunity presents itself.
:) Nice to see you're coming round.

We are basically agreeing then. It does all depend on who the Heroes are being played by though. Kids = stop playing if they keep getting killed (have to go easier on them) new adults = maybe the same way (depending on the individual) seasoned adult = open season for the EWP

THAT.
And I'll add that playing with just one guy playing all heroes has its underrated merits.
For example, you can kill some off and everybody on the table stays in the game.
I personally don't like it when I have to send the first dead hero player to fix me a complicated burger and pour a single malt.
Wait, no.
I do like that.
You know what I mean.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday September 9th, 2017 10:16am

I've always thought three players is the ideal number for HQ. You can lose a hero and carry on and there's still team work involved.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs