• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack][7+ Quests] - Royal Bodyguard

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack][7+ Quests] - Royal Bodyguard

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday January 1st, 2017 3:35pm

Here is a link to my newest Quest Pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1b6mx3ljue7g ... d.pdf?dl=0

This requires parts from base game, Keller's Keep, and RotWL. Need several extra doors or just pull them off a finished area. It is 7 unique Quests but 1 Quest is played several times which makes it the 7+. Let me know what you think. It was "remastered" by StratosVX.

[Heroes undertaking this Quest Pack should be Champions, having played through 14 Quests.

Additional components needed: +1 Chaos Warrior, +1 Fimir (from KK), +3 Goblins (from KK), Mercenaries: 1 Crossbowman, 1 Halberdier, and 1 Swordsman (from WoM), +3 Mummies (from RotWL), +2 Skeletons (from RotWL), +2 Zombies (from RotWL),
1 cliff corridor (from KK), 4 coffin tiles (from RotWL), 1 death mist tile (from RotWL), 1 giant stone boulder (from KK), +10 open doors, 2 long and 1 short stairway tile (from KK), +4 secret door tiles, 1 throne room tile (from RotWL), 1 weapons forge tile (from KK),
2 Magical Throwing Daggers (from KK or RotWL) -edit]
Last edited by Daedalus on Tuesday May 15th, 2018 2:47pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added list
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack][7+ Quests] - Royal Bodyguard

Postby Thor-in » Sunday March 19th, 2017 6:08pm

This quest pack looks like it could be a lot of fun. I just have a few questions?

Quest 1 - If the hero steps on the spear trap do they take one body point and the only way to disarm the trap is by killing the orc with the crossbow is with a ranged weapon / magic attack from a diagonal? Also why not use the locked door icon to identity the locked door (the icon doesn't matter I'm just wondering).

Quest 3 - The Royal Bodyguard (swordsman). It states that the first hero who finds him, he will follow until the stairs. Do you mean the stair in Quest 2 or the doorway, because there is no stairs in Quest 3?

Quest 4 - The Royal Bodyguard (crossbowman). Same question as Quest 3.

Quests 5 & 6 - The Royal Bodyguard question again. I also like the Armory, I did something similar in the quest pack I started but have not finished yet.

Other then that it looks great and can't wait to try it out. I would have to assume that the heroes trying to concur this challenge should be equipped better then the starting heroes.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday March 19th, 2017 7:13pm

Thor-in wrote:This quest pack looks like it could be a lot of fun. I just have a few questions?

Quest 1 - If the hero steps on the spear trap do they take one body point and the only way to disarm the trap is by killing the orc with the crossbow is with a ranged weapon / magic attack from a diagonal? Also why not use the locked door icon to identity the locked door (the icon doesn't matter I'm just wondering).

If a Hero steps on the spear trap they roll 1 combat die as normal. Springing the trap, however, does not disarm the trap; it remains in play. The trap can only be disarmed by killing the Orc above it. The Orcs are standing high above on a parapet so can only be killed with range/thrown/spells. They should be considered "line of sight" from the entire corridor (All corridors in this Quest should be considered "outside" as in no roof overhead). When I created this Quest pack I didn't have the locked door icon in my HeroScribe yet...is the only reason I did not use the locked door icon.

Thor-in wrote:Quest 3 - The Royal Bodyguard (swordsman). It states that the first hero who finds him, he will follow until the stairs. Do you mean the stair in Quest 2 or the doorway, because there is no stairs in Quest 3?

Quest 4 - The Royal Bodyguard (crossbowman). Same question as Quest 3.

Quests 5 & 6 - The Royal Bodyguard question again. I also like the Armory, I did something similar in the quest pack I started but have not finished yet.

The "stairs" it is referring to are the ones in Quest 2 that lead back to The Watchtower where the Emperor's army is waiting. Do not disclose this to the Heroes or they will know to avoid the stairs to keep their Royal Bodyguardsman. The Armory forge notes came almost word for word from Kellar's Keep.

Thor-in wrote:Other then that it looks great and can't wait to try it out. I would have to assume that the heroes trying to concur this challenge should be equipped better then the starting heroes.

The Heroes should be trying to avoid a lot of conflict (stealth). As far as prepared for the necessary battles, they should be equipped more than starting Heroes. A Champion status may be recommended.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » Sunday March 19th, 2017 8:08pm

Thanks for the clarifications.
I've been through Keller's Keep, so great minds must think alike.
I figured Champion status mind be preferred, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday March 19th, 2017 9:37pm

An update on how it went would be great.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » Thursday April 20th, 2017 6:39am

I will definitely be working this into our future quests, it looks excellent.

When the Heroes encounter Rethnor for the second time does he get a healing potion even if he took one in the Watchtower?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Thursday April 20th, 2017 7:03am

The Admiral wrote:I will definitely be working this into our future quests, it looks excellent.

When the Heroes encounter Rethnor for the second time does he get a healing potion even if he took one in the Watchtower?

Yes, he has a healing potion in Quest 6. Doesn't matter if he used the one before or not.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Monday May 15th, 2017 9:59am

I have some questions/feedback about the Quests:

Quest 1: B) How should Line of Sight be handled regarding the Orcs on the parapets? Do you play LoS is blocked by an intervening figure, or does the height negate this? Also, it seems an Orc can both throw a spear as a Hero steps on a trap and shoot with a crossbow later on its turn--is that right?
E) If a Hero is standing on the trap door, can't Rethnor be prevented from escaping?
Quest 3: A) Should a second Wand of Magic be found if the Wand of Magic was already found in Quest 8 of the Main Game System?
Quest 4: B) Do you mean for the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) figure to replace the Chaos Warrior directly in front of the throne, or should it instead be placed at the square marked with a "B", which is in front and to the side? I'd guess the former, though published expansions mark locations for special figures with a letter or name and note them as such.
Quest 5: D) Should the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) figure be used in place of the Chaos Warrior, as in room B of Quest 4, or should the Chaos Sorcerer be additionally placed at the square marked with a "D"?
E) Should the Heroes find a second Elixir of Life if they already possess it from Quest 9 of the MGS?
Quest 7: C) Is the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) meant to be used instead of the Chaos Warrior, or should it instead be placed at the square marked with a "C"?
F) I imagine the Spirit Blade, a unique artifact, isn't awarded if the Heroes have already gained it in Quest 13 of the MGS.

I added in a detailed needed-components list and level reccommendation at the end of the OP to help out anyone playing your Quest Pack. I figure monster count for the room with the greatest number, plus an adjacent room or corridor. Feel free to adjust the numbers.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Monday May 15th, 2017 7:10pm

Daedalus wrote:I have some questions/feedback about the Quests:

Quest 1: B) How should Line of Sight be handled regarding the Orcs on the parapets? Do you play LoS is blocked by an intervening figure, or does the height negate this?

When I played it, I took it as another Hero as blocking LoS. I will leave that up to the EWP to decide with his Heroes.

Daedalus wrote:Also, it seems an Orc can both throw a spear as a Hero steps on a trap and shoot with a crossbow later on its turn--is that right?

Correct on both.

Daedalus wrote:E) If a Hero is standing on the trap door, can't Rethnor be prevented from escaping?

The trap door is the exit. If a Hero stood on it, then he would exit the Quest.

Daedalus wrote:Quest 3: A) Should a second Wand of Magic be found if the Wand of Magic was already found in Quest 8 of the Main Game System?

Yes to a second. I intended it as the "other" magic wielder being able to find it. Therefore, both would have the power.

Daedalus wrote:Quest 4: B) Do you mean for the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) figure to replace the Chaos Warrior directly in front of the throne, or should it instead be placed at the square marked with a "B", which is in front and to the side? I'd guess the former, though published expansions mark locations for special figures with a letter or name and note them as such.

The Chaos Sorcerer should replace the Chaos Warrior icon. I did not have the Chaos Sorcerer icon in my HeroScribe when I made this Quest. In hindsight, I should have just put an "X".

Daedalus wrote:Quest 5: D) Should the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) figure be used in place of the Chaos Warrior, as in room B of Quest 4, or should the Chaos Sorcerer be additionally placed at the square marked with a "D"?

The Chaos Sorcerer should replace the Chaos Warrior icon. I did not have the Chaos Sorcerer icon in my HeroScribe when I made this Quest. In hindsight, I should have just put an "X".

Daedalus wrote:E) Should the Heroes find a second Elixir of Life if they already possess it from Quest 9 of the MGS?

Yes, it should still be found.

Daedalus wrote:Quest 7: C) Is the Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Warlock) meant to be used instead of the Chaos Warrior, or should it instead be placed at the square marked with a "C"?

Daedalus wrote:F) I imagine the Spirit Blade, a unique artifact, isn't awarded if the Heroes have already gained it in Quest 13 of the MGS.

I leave that up to EWP to decide.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » Monday May 14th, 2018 9:09am

Where would people place Ogur-Burl in the Warhammer World?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs