• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Group Quest] - Break the Curse

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Group Quest] - Break the Curse

Postby Patroclus » December 31st, 2016, 8:20 pm

I think this is the first quest of 2017. So, I hope you'll like it. The quest ends with the following poem (tasoe and sotiris don't read it, we may play it):
“Full moon calls, black river flows.
And the curse comes and goes.
Listen carefully what I say.
Now the curse will lift away!”

For the 2017 I wish you health in body and mind, to you and your families. And more inspiration and high fantasy, and less terrorism and dead celebrities. |_P

[Additional Components needed: 2 Crossbowmen, 2 Scouts, and 2 Swordsmen (from WoM or FH), 2 Orc Bowmen -edit]
Last edited by Daedalus on May 2nd, 2017, 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Formatting

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest] Break the Curse

Postby Fallensaviour » January 1st, 2017, 1:43 am

Looks awesome.Nice work thanks for sharing.
I did notice a spelling mistake under E - you spelled cann't instead of can't or cannot.
Also in the forward where you describe the the woodcutters wife your end parenthesis (") should maybe go after the sentence;
The description about the axe lead you to a witch's tower not too far away."
Otherwise it seems like I'm supposed to read the whole forward to my group giving away the secret about the spell they need to do.
I really do like the quest and would love to play it with my kids thanks again for sharing and all your hard work.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest] Break the Curse

Postby Patroclus » January 1st, 2017, 6:32 am

Thanks for the corrections, I did the changes.

About the quest, I’ve put some interesting spots. For example, the goblins with the traps. In the room with the one goblin they will fall on the spear trap for sure. In the next room they will see one more goblin, and they should guess that there are some traps too, or else they will fall in the pits. Then it’s up to the GM if he wants to move the goblin or let it wait until they open the final room.

I try to keep the text as minimal as possible. This helps a lot when you play quests of others. But you can add some cinematic scenes to give more flavor. For example when they pull the lever they should here a heavy sound from far away, or before the final room which is the hardest the door could be different, so they will be warned to get ready for the final battle.

Good luck with your session.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Group Quest] - Break the Curse

Postby Daedalus » May 2nd, 2017, 1:26 am

That image looks good. Do you think the resolution is good enough for printing? If so, I think you can remove the preview descriptor in the post title. Otherwise, I imagine a download link would be appreciated by more than one Inn member.

How may Quests do you recommend a group should play before undertaking this Quest?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs