• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [5 Quests] - The Dark Tower

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [5 Quests] - The Dark Tower

Postby Thor-in » Saturday August 27th, 2016 6:52am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qplv0s08mrv2o ... r.zip?dl=0

[Quest Pack] [4 to 5 Quests] - The Dark Tower

I started this quest pack about two years ago, and never finished it (writers block :x). Then one day it came to me :idea: to write a prequel to this quest pack that I'm writing now, so I rewrote the story line behind this one. This quest pack is not done yet but I would like input on in so I can create an epic adventure for all to play, by changing anything or ideas anyone my have on a new quest for it.

To play this quest pack you'll need the Dragon Strike game system, corner prison from Big Bene, and tiles from Revenge of the Weather-Man
(I improvised on the minis for the Death Reapers).

In quest two the heroes start in the room with the dark arrow. I did not have enough room to state this on the quest sheet (sorry).

Also in the download is a pdf of a monster chart I created for quite reference on the monster stats I used for the Dragon Strike monsters and Revenge of the Weather-man monsters.

Let me know what you think, have fun.

[Additional components needed: Dragon Strike figures (1 Bugbear, 2 Death Knights, 1 Dwarf/Lordak, 1 Manscorpion, 2 Orcs), +2 Dwarves, +2 Mummies, +4 Skeletons,
Battle Room Tile (from Against the Ogre Horde), Cage Room (from Frozen Horror), Carpet Room Tile (from AtOH), Carriage Tile (from Dragon Strike), 4 Coffin Tiles (from Return of the Witch Lord), Corner Prison Tile (from Ye Olde Inn), Death Mist Tile (from RotWL), 2 Death Reaper Tiles (from Marvel Winter Special), Door of Flame Tile (from MWS), +2 Double Blocked Square Tiles (also from Mage of the Mirror), 1 Fiery Chasm Tile (from MWS), 1 Iron Entrance and 1 Wooden Exit Door (from Kellar's Keep or RotWL), Living Fog Room Tile (from FH), 2 Long Pit Traps (from MotM), 1 Long and 1 Short Stairway Tile (from KK or RotWL), +13 Open Doors, Pit Room Tile (from AtOH), 2 Portcullises (from MotM or tiles from MWS), +1 Rack, Revolving Room Tile (from RotWL), +1 Stairway Tile, 1 Stone Door (from AtOH), Sun-Eye Room Tile (from AtOH), +1 Table, +1 Throne, +1 Tomb, Tomb of Gwynt (from MWS), Trapdoor Tile (from MWS), 2 Trap Door Tiles (from KK or RotWL), Valley Game Board (from Dragon Strike and Ye Olde Inn), Wall of Death Tile (from MWS), Weapons Forge Tile (from KK), +1 Weapons Rack, 2 Closed and 2 Open Zombie Lair Tiles (from MWS)
Spell Scroll Card: Blast (from Ye Olde Inn)

This Quest Pack is intended for a group of Heroes that have completed 14 Quests of the Main Game System. -edit]
Last edited by Daedalus on Friday November 11th, 2016 7:30pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Formatting
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Tell me what you think (homebrew quest pack)

Postby Wolf » Tuesday August 30th, 2016 9:17pm

Looks pretty fun. Noticed a lot of furniture on each board. Something I personally find fun is using more than 1 board. Having a "staircase" or "door" to another board is fun to have so you have more to explore during a quest. But that's just me.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Tell me what you think (homebrew quest pack)

Postby Thor-in » Wednesday August 31st, 2016 6:01am

Wolf,

Thanks for the idea for a double board. I've seen it in HeroScribe but never thought to use it. As for the furniture I may have put to much in :roll:, maybe I'll take some out so the board wont be so cramped.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [5 Quests] - The Dark Tower

Postby Daedalus » Monday November 7th, 2016 3:29pm

I formatted the title and expanded on the components to help anyone downloading your Quests. What experience level for the Heroes do you recommend to start this pack?

NIce variety. I especially like the use of the Marvel Winter Special tiles. I have a new questions and comments:

Quest 1- The Spell Scroll in room 3 is named "Blast." Do you mean Mind Blast? If so, is the spell from Mage of the Mirror or instead from Against the Ogre Horde? Can the card found somewhere at the Inn?

Quest 2- Is Yourag the Bugbear? The Elf and Wizard are chained, but apparently they still have their spells. What is to keep them from casting them? Are the chains intended to stop prevent this?

Quest 3 (The Dungeon Catacombs)- After playing this Quest, the Parchment Text seems to indicate the alternative Quest 3 is then played to free LorDak. I'd say relabel this next Quest, "The Dwarf Lord", as Quest 4 and also relabel "The Dwarven Forge" as Quest 5.

Quest 3 (The Dwarf Lord)- I assume the Carriage Tile from Dragon Strike is used to represent the transport. It also appears the transport must be completely disabled at 0 Body Points in order to stop it, though it might help to note that. Should the transport reach the board edge at C, the Heroes fail and LorDak won't show the way or award the gold. Perhaps more is needed to explain how the Heroes find the Dark Tower path without him. Otherwise, I'd just simplify and omit the part about the path altogether.

Quest 4 (the Dwarven Forge)- Mention of LorDak in the Parchment Text assumes the Heroes saved him, but it doesn't fit if the Heroes failed. I'd say omit the references or provide an a secondary Parchment Text for previous failure.

I'd include rules for the Fiery Chasm tile.

Can the secret door behind the fireplace be found from the corridor side? Apparently not, as there isn't a secret door icon on the map to be found behind the fireplace.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Monday November 7th, 2016 7:30pm

Well were to start....

Daedalus thanks for all the great feed back, as for the hero's starting level.... :| I ran my wife and nephew through it right after the main quest book. They made it with a little trouble in quest 2 (they didn't roll well :twisted: ).

Quest 1: The spell scroll Blast is one that drathe made from one of his expansion card sets. Yes its in the Inn, but I don't remember were it was... :?

Quest 2: That wording is wrong it needs to be changed to equipment :smack: . The object is to have this be a two hero quest. Thanks for that I'll fix that later.

Quest 3: If changing quest 4 & 5 it makes it easier to play, that works.

Quest 3 (now 4): Yes the carriage is used for the transport, and that's a good point. As for if the hero's fail, I never looked at it that way so looks like I'll be tweaking that one a little.

Quest 4 (now 5): Looks like I'll be tweaking this one as well and adding to the Parchment, the Fiery Chasm. The secret door can be seen if the hero's go into that room first.

Looks like I'll be going back to the drawing board, thanks again for the input and letting me know what should be changed.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Friday November 11th, 2016 7:41pm

I found the Blast card and amended my edit of the OP with the link. As for the other stuff, I'm glad it is useful to you. Anything that improves the great efforts of sharing Quest writers is worth the trouble, in my opinion. Even if nothing is changed (hope not), your thead responses clarify a lot for anyone wanting to play this pack.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday November 12th, 2016 7:19pm

Constructive criticism in my mind is a great way to take something you think is good and make it great.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Quests and Quest Packs