• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] - The Champion's Trial

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [4 Quests] - The Champion's Trial

Postby The Admiral » March 15th, 2017, 7:02 am

MadMickyG wrote:Hey JustWill, what is the piece of furniture on the north wall in the room marked with the B, with the Chaos Warriors and the Gargoyle in Quest 2 Durgins Vault?

It looks like the Dwarven Forge from Kellars keep.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » March 15th, 2017, 7:04 am

MadMickyG wrote:Hey JustWill, what is the piece of furniture on the north wall in the room marked with the B, with the Chaos Warriors and the Gargoyle in Quest 2 Durgins Vault?

Looks like the dwarf forge from KK.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » March 15th, 2017, 8:13 am

Thanks for that peoples. Leaving it alone as there is more information than room for these quests. Don't quite fit in Heroscribe and HQ Creator.

Here are your Artefacts JustWill.

Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The Champion's Trial. Expansion to main cannon -in progr

Postby Daedalus » May 6th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:I really like the idea of doing one quest for each of the original heroes. |_P

Just_Will wrote:The idea is that the heroes will revisit the tombs of the original champions: Rogar; Ladril; Durgin and Telor, to claim their artifacts, thereby gaining abilities to give them a leg up in the challenging quests ahead.
I thought Ladril and Durgin were the current elf and dwarf. Do the current ones have official names?

• Page 6 of the EU Rules of Play offer some example names: Ladril for the Elf, Grungi for the Dwarf, Zoltan for the Wizard, and Sigmar for the Barbarian.
  • The Hero Quest: Marvel Winter Special featured a comic with named Heroes: Galadrus the Elf, Zull the Barbarian, Strom the Dwarf, and Akron the Wizard.
  • The Fellowship of Four features Eildonis the Elf, Fortunato the Wizard, Asgrim the Barbarian, and Anvil the Dwarf
  • The Tyrant's Tomb features Asgrim the Barbarian.
  • The Screaming Spectre features Osric the Wizard.
  • The Hero Quest Sticker Album featured Ladril the Elf, Chandra the Wizard, Grugni the Dwarf, and Storn the Barbarian.
  • Legacy of Sorasil featured (among other Heroes) Angor the Barbarian, Grimbeard the Dwarf,
    Ravenslock the Wizard, and Stormbow the Elf.
All of these were post-Rogar Heroes (Sorasil is seperate, and perhaps the novels.) Interestingly, the Elvish name Ladril occurs in three separate sources.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 6th, 2017, 6:15 pm

MadMickyG, those are some great-looking Artifact Cards. Any chance we'll see similar treatment of the other legendary artifacts?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 25th, 2017, 3:05 pm

It looks like Just_Will hasn't been back since last year which is a shame. This is a really cool idea and I'd love to see an intro written and some of the ideas people brought up incorporated into the quests.

I might have to work on these some myself for my own use.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Question re the spirit Heroes

Postby The Admiral » February 24th, 2018, 9:52 am

Can they be killed? If not I presume that they just attack the Heroes while they are in their room.

Will they actively assist the monsters e.g Heal monsters with spells etc.?

I really like the concept of these four quests. Our 4 main Heroes are really powerful now, so these will make good solo quests for each of them with the assistance of a NPC and some henchmen.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » March 15th, 2018, 10:32 am

I really like this Quest Pack a lot! I especially like how it gives in-game sources for the spells used in Wizards of Morcar and the Elf Quest Pack.

I don't know that Just_Will is ever coming back, so I'm now making it my goal to try to complete this Quest pack by cleaning it up, adding more story to it, and putting together the last of the artifact cards. It'll take some time as I haven't used HeroScribe yet or tried my hand at Photoshop for card creation, but I'll do what I can.

To start, I've come up with this opening story that gives a reason for the Quests and helps explain the Champions attacking you:

Heroes! You have fought hard through many long trials and pushed back against Zargon and the forces of Chaos. But after so many losses, he has now fully set his sights on you and fears that you may be able to finally defeat him like Rogar and the Champions of old once did. In order to prevent this, he has sent his minions to desecrate the graves of the long-dead heroes in the hopes of using their great weapons and power against you. You must hurry to stop them, and in the process, perhaps you will unearth secrets that can be used in your quest to save the Empire. Beware, though, for I sense that the spirits of these legendary Champions are filled with distress from the evil filling the land once more. They may defend their final resting places against all who enter, yielding only to those they deem worthy.

How's that sound?
Last edited by Spookyhappyfun on May 11th, 2018, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 16th, 2018, 9:01 am

I like it!

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 11th, 2018, 1:39 am

Yeah, that intro is very HQ. Niggle: maybe change "powers" to power.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs