• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Solo Quest] - A Friend in Need

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Preview] [Solo Quest] - A Friend in Need

Postby Decipher » February 12th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Been thinking about doing a solo quest pack for a while now. Sometimes getting 5 people together isn't possible but that HQ thirst has to be quenched. I figure if you can manage at least two people to play, might be pretty cool to have some single player specific quests. Still toying with the details but I am thinking something along the lines of the Barbarian, Dwarf or even the Elf, if he's brave and strong enough to go solo. I'd like to do a set of quests for the Wizard, but other than having a ton of goblins and a few orcs, the quests would be very low level defined. I was also going to include some new artifacts specific to all 4 heroes. Ignore the typos, this is just a sample.

Last edited by Daedalus on October 12th, 2016, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: formatting

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Solo Quest Pack

Postby MadMickyG » February 14th, 2016, 2:57 am

Its something I have been thinking about also. Have one kid who wants to play all the time. The other two are very intermittent.

Even something I can run through on my own when the kids are self-entertained.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » February 14th, 2016, 4:37 am

The true cool thing would be a quest that you can ramp up for two players as well. If the friend of your kid comes.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » February 15th, 2016, 11:57 am

I'll work on some quests over the next few days.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » February 16th, 2016, 10:16 am

These would be great. I am often looking for solo quests to introduce a new character into a group of Heroes, and give them a chance to get a little bit of treaure/gold etc.

In fact your quest is perfect! I am introducing a Bretonnian Knight and an elf into my wizard's party. They will be playing 'Journey to the Bottom of the Crypt' together, and I had a back story as to how they met at the Emperor's Palace, but this is a brilliant quest for them to meet, and a rescue mission is the sort of thing a Bretonnian Knight would do.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » February 16th, 2016, 10:34 am

Why not play 2 characters at a time? Or 3 or 4 when stuck for numbers. Alertanivy send the character in with 3 hench men or men at arms.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 16th, 2016, 10:46 am

I would not give Artemis a choice of spells. Against a single low mind point Hero, a Summon Orcs/Undead and Cloud of Chaos/Sleep combo could easily be a death warrant. Firestorm and Lightning Bolt don't, in my opinion, have the right feel for a single Hero battle. Tempest is a waste of time and Escape is irrelevent. Rust would be okay unless the Hero is just starting out. Command could well just see our Hero turning round and slaying the Elf. I would give him Ball of Flame and Fear.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 17th, 2016, 1:35 pm

I was really looking forward to some more of these excellent solo quests, but I've just noticed they are from Decipher. Please come back to post any more you do.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 17th, 2016, 3:13 pm

After a detailed look, I have one remark:
The illusion of free choice is missing. Basically, it's a row of rooms. You could enhance the illusion of free choice by adding a branch more, or by implementing a loop. ("If you had taken the right way, it would have been shorter"). A secret door is missing. It could lead to the additional branch.
To equalize, the main branch could be shorter.

Would you provide us with the .xml from Heroscribe?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » February 17th, 2016, 4:34 pm

It's handy having some lighter quests for one or two players who only want to play with one hero. I've been thinking of writing a pair of quests for two characters that can be played on the board at the same time if all players are there. That way some lighter quests can happen at the same time.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs