• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby clmckay » December 26th, 2015, 6:07 pm

I've had the map in this quest for some time, but am just now getting around to making quests for it. It's a Paizo flip mat and can be found on their website. I've printed it off on vinyl and we're planning on trying it out tomorrow. Here's the quest if anyone wants to look it over.

ENC-AQuestionofZombies.pdf

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 26th, 2015, 7:06 pm

This looks really fun. It's a good "side-quest" Quest for the heroes to encounter during their travels, for sure! I especially like the flavor of the clues found during searching.

My only question about searching is how does a hero access the treasure section of the search chart?

EDIT: I reread that the Heroes can search for Clues OR Treasure, and now I understand! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » December 26th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Glad you like it.

I hope it'll play fairly quick....maybe 45 minutes, then we'll have a regular quest afterwards.

To your question: the heroes will have to declare what they're searching for, so clues or treasure.

If things get slow, I'll add in more monsters when they clear the Zombies. I may make them mummies, the party is quite stacked at the moment.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Showdown35 » December 27th, 2015, 4:41 am

Looks like an interesting little bonus quest. My questions are: Do the heroes see the whole cemetery from the beginning?; Are all the graves/coffins and zombies on the board from the start of the quest?; Do the fog lines on the board mean anything? (like to they block line of sight?)
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » December 27th, 2015, 8:31 am

I intend to play it with the cemetery all in view at the outset. Now, the idea had occurred to me to play with limited vision, maybe limit their sight to 5 - 8 spaces. But, in the end, I just want this to be a quick encounter. The Gravestones are all printed on the map so their positions are fixed. I think what you're calling fog is actually dead trees. I don't intend for them to block sight.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » December 27th, 2015, 9:49 am

Do you want to replace fallen Zombies?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » December 27th, 2015, 9:56 am

I probably will, to keep the pressure up on the Heroes to get on with business.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Showdown35 » December 27th, 2015, 6:43 pm

clmckay wrote:I think what you're calling fog is actually dead trees. I don't intend for them to block sight.

Actually it was the stoney paths that I mistook for fog, which I thought may be dividing the map up into "rooms" that would be somewhat contained.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » December 28th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Great idea. If the character is a necromancer why does he have random spells? Chill, Fear, Reanimation, Summon Undead and Summon Wolves. ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » December 28th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Fair question.

In short there's not a lot of room to list specific spells, so a random assortment is a favored tactic of mine. Also, in my head, I pictured this guy as someone who lost his family and "went dark" in sorrow, so choosing just a handful of generic spells seemed a fair way to indicate a dabbler instead of a hard-core bad guy.

We played it last night. It was more fun than I had anticipated, though my group is used to having "encounters" on a regular basis. They break up the monotony of the same board and variations everytime, they also tend to be easier going and unique. I will certainly revise this to add in for replacement zombies after the first wave is killed. The zombies were efficiently destroyed, then the Heroes started searching. A second wave about 4 turns later spiced things up very nicely - especially as the heroes were all separated.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs