• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Postby Anderas » June 21st, 2019, 2:45 pm

Finally! Using the same method like Whitebeard, I made a printsheet for the playcards. It is supposed to be printed, then you flip the paper on the short edge, print the other side. In my printer it somehow does not work, but maybe it's just me.

Download the PDF here

Or if you prefer the playcard as jpg pictures, download them here.

As a reminder, the questbook itself is here.

Have fun!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » June 24th, 2019, 12:44 am

One last change -
I questimated the difficulties of each quest and put them in the headline. It looks like:

Quest 3 - A Group Quest for Heroes with 3 Dice

I put those results in the quest index, too, in the column "Hero/Monster level"

Now I will let this rest; I think as a translation it's complete.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Anderas wrote:Finally! Using the same method like Whitebeard, I made a printsheet for the playcards. It is supposed to be printed, then you flip the paper on the short edge, print the other side. In my printer it somehow does not work, but maybe it's just me.

Download the PDF here

Or if you prefer the playcard as jpg pictures, download them here.

As a reminder, the questbook itself is here.

Have fun!

I tried to let it rest, but it didn't want to leave me alone.

Version 17 of the German translation is now online, with the last errors in the book corrected.

Certainly now one of you downloads it and finds the next error. :D

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » October 1st, 2020, 12:46 am

Ive come here due to Anderas’ recommendation over on the massive thread about the new HQ; this is amazing! Just one question about Quest 6 Wizard Wards, I couldn’t find this in the fixes posted earlier:

How can both doors labelled A be opened with one genie spell? I don’t understand how you can get through the top left section of the map. What I’ve imagined:

1) travel to B, fight the mimic, Genie first door A, can’t open the second one
2) Genie first door A, secret door to Orcs, can’t open second A

And other combinations of the above.

Am I missing something?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 1st, 2020, 11:07 am

Stig wrote:Ive come here due to Anderas’ recommendation over on the massive thread about the new HQ; this is amazing!

Thanks! I really enjoyed making them. I think the Doppleganger needs a re-write though. It did not play so well.

Stig wrote:Just one question about Quest 6 Wizard Wards, I couldn’t find this in the fixes posted earlier:

How can both doors labelled A be opened with one genie spell? I don’t understand how you can get through the top left section of the map. What I’ve imagined:

1) travel to B, fight the mimic, Genie first door A, can’t open the second one
2) Genie first door A, secret door to Orcs, can’t open second A

And other combinations of the above.

Am I missing something?

Yes you are (missing something). But it's no big deal really... You just fail the quest and keep going. :o :wizard:

Sure you might happen to have a scroll of Genie. Or perhaps you got lucky and just happened to double up on Genie using the spell ring before starting the quest. Or the Wizard and Elf are both carrying air spells (Tomb of Magic)? Or perhaps your Genie is hanging around multiple turns because you have the Genie Lamp and you are on a lucky streak?

But the REAL solution is available if you read the the text of "A" more carefully.

"A: This door is magically sealed and cannot be opened (except from the other side or by a Genie spell)"

The Genie spell is one way to open the door. Maybe there is another spell you can use to open the door... "from the other side" :wizard: :D
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » October 1st, 2020, 1:31 pm

Got it!!! Wow thats excellent Heroquesting puzzling right there!!! That means youd have to tell the Heroes that it can be opened from the other side. You can tell I havent played in a while!

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 1st, 2020, 11:12 pm

Stig wrote:Got it!!! Wow thats excellent Heroquesting puzzling right there!!! That means youd have to tell the Heroes that it can be opened from the other side. You can tell I havent played in a while!

Well if it's locked and you are going to quit the quest, the wizard can at least peek on the other side of the wall if he rolls at least a 3... If I recall there is technically no "doubling back" on movement in HeroQuest. But nobody usually enforces it when it does happen. So I would not tell them. Perhaps after opening the first one with genie you might tell anyone who searches?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » October 1st, 2020, 11:23 pm

whitebeard wrote:
Stig wrote:Got it!!! Wow thats excellent Heroquesting puzzling right there!!! That means youd have to tell the Heroes that it can be opened from the other side. You can tell I havent played in a while!

Well if it's locked and you are going to quit the quest, the wizard can at least peek on the other side of the wall if he rolls at least a 3... If I recall there is technically no "doubling back" on movement in HeroQuest. But nobody usually enforces it when it does happen. So I would not tell them. Perhaps after opening the first one with genie you might tell anyone who searches?

The no doubling back is EU rules. NA does not have that rule.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » March 15th, 2021, 5:27 pm

Some questions on Quest 1 - A Night Errant (more will follow for sure):
1. at the start of the quests each hero must roll the dice two times and the EWP will read the rumours about the hall? So up to eight threads may be revealed to the players, right? Or just two dice rolls for the whole team is required here?
2. again about the threads, some of them feature special items with a gold coins value in brackets. When is supposed the heroes to buy that items (SALT for example)?
3. if I understand correctly the 2-12 threads are just rumours that could suggest different ways to kill the spectre to the heroes, but only 3 are effective and the other will only make it disappear temporarily, correct?
4. "The knight must accept any challenge of single combat from a fellow knight" is this some kind of DUEL beetween a single hero and the knight?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 16th, 2021, 4:42 pm

lestodante wrote:Some questions on Quest 1 - A Night Errant (more will follow for sure):
1. at the start of the quests each hero must roll the dice two times and the EWP will read the rumours about the hall? So up to eight threads may be revealed to the players, right? Or just two dice rolls for the whole team is required here?
2. again about the threads, some of them feature special items with a gold coins value in brackets. When is supposed the heroes to buy that items (SALT for example)?
3. if I understand correctly the 2-12 threads are just rumours that could suggest different ways to kill the spectre to the heroes, but only 3 are effective and the other will only make it disappear temporarily, correct?
4. "The knight must accept any challenge of single combat from a fellow knight" is this some kind of DUEL beetween a single hero and the knight?

(1) correct. EACH hero rolls twice. There should will be lots of repeats of 6 and 7 for example.
(2) you would choose to buy them at the beginning of the adventure after hearing the rumors.
(3) correct. They are there to help you / trick you into buying crap you don't need.
(4) Yes. The Barbarian can save the Wizard for example from certain death by issuing the challenge. He must be wearing the ceremonial armor, or the crest found in the treasure chest to do this. From there you can play it however you like. The other heroes can team up after the challenge, perhaps causing the knight to refuse any future challenge? Or maybe he has no memory after being destroyed and will fall for it all over again... whatever you like.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs