• Advertisement

[Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 8:20am

Gold Bearer wrote:There was a problem reading this document (131). :?:

Try downloading it again? Nobody else has this problem, and I do not on multiple devices. I will investigate if the issue persists, please let me know.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 8:39am

Same thing again and when I tried to scroll down...
"! An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."
Weird.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2454

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Charlie82 » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 8:43am

I had the same issue on my Mac. Had to download it on my Kindle Fire.
Charlie82

Goblin
Goblin

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 6:49pm

Charlie82 wrote:I had the same issue on my Mac. Had to download it on my Kindle Fire.

Very interesting. Is this the case for you as well GB? Is this a Mac issue?

Can you open it in the default Mac PDF viewer which is NOT Adobe?

I have a VERY old mac that used to give me trouble viewing the parchment texture. I think that was fixed in a newer OS X version.

What version of OS X are you guys using?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

Postby Charlie82 » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 7:19pm

whitebeard wrote:
Charlie82 wrote:I had the same issue on my Mac. Had to download it on my Kindle Fire.

Very interesting. Is this the case for you as well GB? Is this a Mac issue?

Can you open it in the default Mac PDF viewer which is NOT Adobe?

I have a VERY old mac that used to give me trouble viewing the parchment texture. I think that was fixed in a newer OS X version.

What version of OS X are you guys using?

Yep it is pretty old. Snow Leopard. Adobe was fully updated. I will try to check out further tomorrow.
Charlie82

Goblin
Goblin

Postby clmckay » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 7:49pm

It's probably something Apple related. I downloaded this long ago on PC, but just now tried on my iPhone (7+ with Safari).

Safari completely locks up trying to read it.

Oddly, it may not be your choice for parchment though, your Unrest quest works fine.

Anything unique to this file?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 9:01pm

clmckay wrote:It's probably something Apple related. I downloaded this long ago on PC, but just now tried on my iPhone (7+ with Safari).

Safari completely locks up trying to read it.

Oddly, it may not be your choice for parchment though, your Unrest quest works fine.

Anything unique to this file?

Multiple pages is all I can think of. The parchment was a problem in the past because of the transparency of the darker spots. Previous versions of Apple would just ignore these and render the boring solid color. 10x instances of it may be too much for Apple? Surprised to hear of the problem in Adobe on Apple though.

I use linux and android. And I can easily test windows.

In can regenerate these with just the first pages, then one page per quest. If there is a specific issue beyond cumulative complexity, then we will find it that way.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 9:14pm

Maybe it is something with cumulative pages, though usually it will load a page at a time, loading additional pages as I scroll into them.

However, when I look closely at the Unrest Quest on my iPhone and iPad the parchment is very.....bland, it just looks anemic compared to the other quests that use raster parchment images. Perhaps that is only a side effect of the Apple issue that is causing this problem. I'll have to load it up on Windows tonight to see if it looks better. If so, then it must be a longstanding compatibility issue of some sort.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 9:36pm

clmckay wrote:Maybe it is something with cumulative pages, though usually it will load a page at a time, loading additional pages as I scroll into them.

However, when I look closely at the Unrest Quest on my iPhone and iPad the parchment is very.....bland, it just looks anemic compared to the other quests that use raster parchment images. Perhaps that is only a side effect of the Apple issue that is causing this problem. I'll have to load it up on Windows tonight to see if it looks better. If so, then it must be a longstanding compatibility issue of some sort.

My parchment is a bit bland, but you will also note that the file size for Unrest is only 400k (most of that is the map). Using the raster doubles the size and stupid PDF generators are not smart enough to only encode the same texture once.

I suppose a raster would fix this AND perhaps the compatibilty. I will post an update... tomorrow?

Rewards:
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday October 17th, 2017 11:16pm

@GB, charlie, clmckay: Please try the alternate version "QuestBook.pdf" I just posted in the first post of this thread.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs