• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Postby whitebeard » November 19th, 2015, 11:48 pm

[url]Completed!!
DungeonsDark.pdf

Alternate version here
QuestBook.pdf

Artifact Cards are here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3666#p75788

--- Legacy Post ---
I have completed and posted the first four quests in this series. I prefer to leave them unnumbered as thus far they may be played in any order.

They are here: -Removed-

[Additional components needed: 2 Demons (or second Gargoyle), 2x3 Dragon, Gelatinous Cube, Mimic, Rust Monster, 2x3 Skeletal Dragon (optional), 7-10 Skeleton Warriors (or +3-6 Skeletons)
+10 blocked square tiles, 1 long and 2 short stairway tiles (from Kellar's Keep)

DungeonsDark is a collection of mostly stand alone quests written for HeroQuest "Champions" (those who have finished the original 14 Base System Quests).

Jump to Quests 11 and 12 download links. - edit]

|_P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 19th, 2018, 4:41 am, edited 16 times in total.
Reason: Added link, adjusted components
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack] DungeonsDark

Postby Anderas » November 21st, 2015, 1:44 am

So far i was reading the first.... i am not sure. What kind of equipment shall your group have?
Are they newbies with 2/2 or are they already equipped properly?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] DungeonsDark

Postby whitebeard » November 21st, 2015, 9:17 am

Anderas wrote:So far i was reading the first.... i am not sure. What kind of equipment shall your group have?
Are they newbies with 2/2 or are they already equipped properly?

Yeah sorry. It's actually listed on the web page.

"DungeonsDark is a collection of mostly stand alone quests written for HeroQuest "Champions" (those who have finished the original 14 Base System Quests)."

You will die quickly at 2/2. If you have new heroes, you should basically max them out on the standard equipment / artefacts. My groups heroes have never died, but more importantly we have never lost a hero in a empty room. So they have everything.

The intent of the "first" quest "A Night Errant" is to get heroes with accumulated wealth (and little to buy) to blow money on stuff they don't need. And as special items, the vendor need not buy them back at all!!! (he may ave left town!)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Re: [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - Dungeons Dark

Postby whitebeard » November 22nd, 2016, 10:28 pm

This Quest Pack is now completed and the first post in the thread updated with the link.

Enjoy! |_P

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 23rd, 2016, 3:00 am

I haven't had the time to properly read this pack, but i find the maps visually appealing.
That's a big part of "Do i want to play a quest?"
I really like your use of blocked squares and sometimes open doors to break up the room layout of the board.
Looks awesome, that.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » November 23rd, 2016, 7:53 pm

knightkrawler wrote:I haven't had the time to properly read this pack, but i find the maps visually appealing.
That's a big part of "Do i want to play a quest?"
I really like your use of blocked squares and sometimes open doors to break up the room layout of the board.
Looks awesome, that.

Thank you KK! I try to mix it up as much as possible.

I have not read other fan made quests because I imagine playing them sometime with my son as EWP and I'm wanting to keep the element of surprise. I believe each of the 10 quests contains an "original" idea and that makes them a lot of fun to write and design for. Like the original quests, each quest has a twist. We've played most of them and they've been well received.

Let me know what you think when you get around to reading them. And any help with typos and clarifications is also greatly appreciated.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Re: [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - DungeonsDark

Postby Anderas » October 16th, 2017, 6:55 am

Just had an appointment in the hospital and took the time to patiently (ouch) read through two more of your quests. I was on the search for interesting, varied quests as side quests that you can unlock by finding the treasure card "Map" that i have. And. I wasn't even aware that you already did this quest pack, worse, that i already looked through it quickly. :oops: :D

It used to be an EWP card but plays a lot better as treasure card. :D

Those quests are ideal!

Like you, i was experimenting with multiple-choice quest trees that leave the decisions up to the player what to play next, enhancing the illusion of free will and hopefully the fun.
As i didn't want to write throw-away quests where the players play only one out of three or four, i introduced "knots" where the stream came back together. But still wasn't happy because still there were only 2 out of 3 quests played. Then i participated a bit in Sotiris' play by post game and found that the overland questing was just great as alternative: Players decide, but they still can play all the quests.

So i go with that one. Now. To make it more free, i need quests everywhere on the map. And this quest pack here is just great, packed with ideas and creativity.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mondor » October 16th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Great job!! Thanck you so much!!

PS: the image of map card is awesome...where did i find this picture in the original game? Or you have a draw?
mondor

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 16th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Anderas wrote:Like you, i was experimenting with multiple-choice quest trees that leave the decisions up to the player what to play next.

That's not actually how we play. We are running Kellar's Keep concurrent with my homebrew, but I think we will abandon KK as it is NOT worth our valuable gaming time. Since we jump in and out of KK, without bothering to rectify equipment, etc. We play a "Pulp Fiction" type of game. Like a Conan short story, we just pick up the heroes when-ever and where-ever they happen to be. And we have a good time and don't sweat the details.

The quests are indeed unordered (aside from the obvious re-visit to Eastmoor Keep). I did number them because it is a "quest pack" and I felt compelled to do it once I threw them all together. We did not play them in order and on a few occasions I have had 2 or 3 printed out for a choice based on the intro text. But I could just as easily pick what I want to play and I have done this as well. We will play "Unrest" this next game night (posted in Decipher's contest thread) as it best matches the Halloween theme, and I think the only other one I have left at the moment is "The Silver Labyrinth".

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » October 17th, 2017, 7:31 am

There was a problem reading this document (131). :?:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs