• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [5 Quests, 6 Encounters] - Out of the Wastes

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [5 Quests, 6 Encounters] - Out of the Waste

Postby clmckay » February 27th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Glad you're going to play this pack, I really hope you guys enjoy it. We still play, nearly every week, but I've not been good about going back and making our adventures into presentation quality packs. Probably got two or three whole packs that I've not found the motivation to do up for posting. Just takes soooo much work and very few play them.

Make sure to let me know how you guys like it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » February 28th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Yep, will do definitely.

If anyone is interested, here is my draft intro for this questpack, along with the rules for Sir Bram. He is a NPC. A special henchmen received free of charge.They may be given one artefact and any number of potions. They may not search for anything.

It does act as a spoiler for the destination of the portal, but my brother won't care. It's the quest, so he'll just go through it anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Chaos Blade

Postby The Admiral » March 3rd, 2018, 7:36 am

The Chaos Blade Artifact is found in Encounter 4, but I can't find its card in any of the files?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Chaos Blade

Postby clmckay » March 3rd, 2018, 9:34 am

The Admiral wrote:The Chaos Blade Artifact is found in Encounter 4, but I can't find its card in any of the files?

Hmmm.....Interesting.....I must've missed it way back when splitting up the card archives.....really wish there was a bigger upload limit here....

Here are the two versions I made for this pack. I usually make a few versions of special cards so that I can choose which to use on the fly depending on how the Heroes are equipped at the time they find the artifact.

If you find anything else missing, let me know, I can always dig back through my files.

ART-ChaosSword.jpg

ART-ChaosSword2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 3rd, 2018, 10:29 am

Thanks.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 17th, 2018, 12:34 pm

I've found the Bridge tile. Do you know where i can find the Winding passage tile that comes after the Bridge please?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » March 17th, 2018, 5:54 pm

The Admiral wrote:I've found the Bridge tile. Do you know where i can find the Winding passage tile that comes after the Bridge please?

In the first post, there is a file called "ForgottenStuff". It's in there. That particular tile is called "Pathway.jpg"

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » March 18th, 2018, 9:48 am

Thanks, they look great.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Question on Ice Arrows

Postby The Admiral » March 18th, 2018, 1:16 pm

The Fire Arrows make a regular attack as well as the flame effects, but the card for the Ice Arrows only indicates the effects of being frozen and does not have the following text: "All other attack damage is defended normally." Should the Ice Arrow card also have that text, or do they not cause any regular damage?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » March 18th, 2018, 10:47 pm

No, the intent is only for the target to "freeze".

When testing it, the fact that a Skull "froze" the target so that it couldn't defend meant that any carry-over or additional damage usually insta-killed the target. I felt, that while this was a hard pack, I wanted these arrows to be available in other quest packs and as such didn't want them to be so powerful that they became "that" weapon.

Now, of course, you can play that it that it will still inflict damage if you like.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs