• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Running the Gauntlet N/A Revision

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Running the Gauntlet N/A Revision

Postby Decipher » August 3rd, 2015, 1:35 am

I redone this quest for the Zargon crew, don't really know if anyone has redone it yet. If you see any typos or errors, please let me know so I can correct them. I do NOT know if the tile will fit 100%, I simply used the one Jonathan Usiak made, I didn't resize it.

PDF File: http://www.mediafire.com/view/nnq8f6qm0 ... ersion.pdf

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Running the Gauntlet N/A Revision

Postby Daedalus » November 15th, 2015, 11:43 pm

It's not your transcription, but the original Parchment Text that appears to contain a grammatical error: "Below is a great treasure, the Wand of Galimantius, a mighty Wizard of ages past." If you wanted, you could correct this incorrect appositive with: "Below is a great treasure, the Wand of Galimantius, which belonged to a mighty wizard of ages past." I also changed the Hero title "Wizard" back to the general case "wizard" of the original.

Another detail of the Parchment Text is the double quotes, which entirely encompass it. The Cabiri quote is nested within, so it should use single quotes and close with a double quote to end the full Parchment Text:

'Below lies a great treasure...you will be free to leave our shores.'"
Finally, I'd include the Wandering Monster line after the second page rather than on the first, as was done in the US Quest Packs.

drathe also localized this Quest. It can be found at Quests<Homepage.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs