• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests] - Con of the Mountain

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [3 Quests] - Con of the Mountain

Postby The Admiral » May 16th, 2017, 10:45 am

Decipher wrote:As Daedalus stated, my intentions were to use the Gargoyle figure with the Gargoyle stats since those stats would be a challenge for new players. I was in such a hurry at the time for the Con that I neglected to include the stats. Glad you like the quests. |_P

Thanks Decipher. My brother and I will be playing these next week (Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning), with 'A Friend in Need' before them, and if there is time 'The Emperor's New Clothes' after. And obviously a few beers and a curry Tue night! |_P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Decipher » May 17th, 2017, 12:10 am

Admiral, I'm working on a 16 Quest book right now as a matter of fact, going to try to finish them up tonight or tomorrow to post. I've had an idea of solo quests for a few years now, figure I would give it a shot.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 17th, 2017, 6:38 am

Decipher wrote:Admiral, I'm working on a 16 Quest book right now as a matter of fact, going to try to finish them up tonight or tomorrow to post. I've had an idea of solo quests for a few years now, figure I would give it a shot.

Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing them. Are they all solo?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » May 18th, 2017, 12:29 am

Yes, four quests for each Hero.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 27th, 2017, 6:55 am

I got to play this with my brother as planned. The party was just a Dwarf (Vordarth) and an Elf (Sadaril), that Vordarth had rescued in 'A Friend in Need' prior to these quests. They hired a Dwarf axeman (similar to a swordsman) and an Elf archer to help them in each quest. He breezed through the first two quests with his usual dice rolling luck, but it came a little unstuck in the final quest. The Dwarf henchman was killed early and he had to use a couple of healing potions and the Elf's healing spell to stay alive. In the final room Kragus cast Fear on Vordarth, and he just couldn't break out of it. By spending money on henchmen, the Elf was still only attacking with his shortsword, and with the Dwarf on 1 attack die, progress was slow, with the nippy archer proving invaluable.

Thanks for the quests. It was an exiting finish, after a slow burning start.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » May 27th, 2017, 11:26 am

The Admiral wrote:I got to play this with my brother as planned. The party was just a Dwarf (Vordarth) and an Elf (Sadaril), that Vordarth had rescued in 'A Friend in Need' prior to these quests. They hired a Dwarf axeman (similar to a swordsman) and an Elf archer to help them in each quest. He breezed through the first two quests with his usual dice rolling luck, but it came a little unstuck in the final quest. The Dwarf henchman was killed early and he had to use a couple of healing potions and the Elf's healing spell to stay alive. In the final room Kragus cast Fear on Vordarth, and he just couldn't break out of it. By spending money on henchmen, the Elf was still only attacking with his shortsword, and with the Dwarf on 1 attack die, progress was slow, with the nippy archer proving invaluable.

Thanks for the quests. It was an exiting finish, after a slow burning start.

Glad you liked it. Hope I can pull off the Solo Quest Pack as I hope to do.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs